PDA

View Full Version : CoP and Sounds Dangerous

brivers222
10-07-2010, 12:18 PM
I have read that these operate seasonally.... is by chance next week the time of season they are open????

Strmchsr
10-07-2010, 01:20 PM
They should take the "seasonal" tag off of CoP because it's open pretty much year round. Sounds Dangerous, though, is pretty rare right now. I don't think it's open during October.

AndyMan
10-07-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm still amazed they run COP at all based on how few people actually do it anymore

johnO
10-07-2010, 05:00 PM
I thought Sounds Dangerous was gone...

johnO
10-07-2010, 05:02 PM
I'm still amazed they run COP at all based on how few people actually do it anymore

More so for Sounds Dangerous....

CoP is a WED original with a very loyal following.

disneymom2000
10-07-2010, 05:21 PM

I love CoP. I know people want more technology and thrill but I love it for the nostalgia. It was one of the first things I rode on my first trip to Disney. Give us a break guys.:(

brivers222
10-07-2010, 07:17 PM
I know for sure that there will be 2 people riding it... a few times next week!

I <3 CoP

magicofdisney
10-07-2010, 07:42 PM
I've seen more activity on CoP in the last couple of years than the two years prior to that. Maybe this internet talk of it closing down, revived it. I *heart* CoP as well. :thumbsup::mickey:

BowTie7
10-07-2010, 07:55 PM
I believe Sounds Dangerous is currently operating, basically because Star Tours nearby is closed for its upgrade.

JPL
10-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Actually during my last 2 trips CoP had a nice flow of people going to see the show. One time I had to wait in line for about 10 minutes before riding.

GBBT
10-07-2010, 08:38 PM
I know for sure that there will be 2 people riding it... a few times next week!

I <3 CoP

I know I'll be riding it in December,with or without the DW and DS!!!:D

Disney4us2
10-07-2010, 08:45 PM
DD and I will be riding it in December:mickey:

2MuchWDFun
10-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Our family will be riding CoP during Christmas week. Hokey and nostalgic--we love it!

lovinmesomedisney
10-07-2010, 10:29 PM
I love COP and be sure to go on it every time we go. We were on it just a couple weeks ago though, and something was going on where we had to sit in the same room for three times. It was pretty funny. I love the song though, so, it was just more rest time and more song time.

WDWCrazyKaren
10-08-2010, 10:42 AM
LOVE MY CoP! I'm so glad it's running all the time now. It was closed during my last few off season trips, and now I'm thrilled to be able to see it. Caught it last year in September and didn't realize just how much I'd been missing it.
"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day..."

Now try and get THAT out of your heads!:thedolls:

Stu29573
10-08-2010, 11:51 AM
It's obvious that I love COP if you look at my signature...or happen to hear my ring tone...Anyway, there will be two folks on it multiple times the week of Nov 17-24!

As for Sounds Dangerous, I'm shocked to hear its open. I kind of thought they gutted it years ago. I guess I'll go, but I refuse to be amused!:thedolls:

PlutoPlanet
10-08-2010, 12:01 PM
We still do CoP every year.

brivers222
10-08-2010, 01:08 PM
I will officially be on CoP sometime between 9pm and 12am tomorrow Oct 9th :D :thumbsup:

BraddyB
10-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Lucky, I have to wait til Monday :D

ChipNDale79
10-08-2010, 02:07 PM
CoP is one of my favorite things at MK, there's just something special about it.

joanna71985
10-08-2010, 04:27 PM
I believe Sounds Dangerous is currently operating, basically because Star Tours nearby is closed for its upgrade.

Correct. Sounds Dangerous is currently operating at the moment

crltkcagle
10-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Same here. We had to actually wait in line for CoP on our last trip. I was quite shocked! Its one of our favorites and a must do on every trip!

Actually during my last 2 trips CoP had a nice flow of people going to see the show. One time I had to wait in line for about 10 minutes before riding.

Kathy Jetson
10-09-2010, 12:14 AM
I LOVE CoP! I could care less about Sounds Dangerous but since ds7 has never done it we will do it if its open when we are there in 10 days.

frakers
10-09-2010, 08:33 AM
I never understand why folks hate Sounds Dangerous so much. Why? So what if it's hokey and silly? So is most everything in the MK but you'll still wait in line an hour for a 38 second ride on Peter Pan (thank a lot, Fast Pass!). I personally like the relaxing atmosphere for the show and honestly, it's pretty neat to listen to.

And, from a different perspective, we have a blind child. He couldn't care less about all the cool visuals of the vast majority of the parks. He loves the adventure rides (my little daredevil) but Sounds Dangerous is perfect for him.

I'm happy it will be open when we're there in a few weeks and I'll be sitting there falling asleep in the dark with the sounds of Rubella whispering in my ear.

Stu29573
10-09-2010, 08:37 AM
I think, for me at least, the reason I dislike SD so much is that the Monster Sound show was so much more entertaining and educational. It actually showed what foley artists did and how its not that easy. SD...well it shows me how stereo works. I pretty much had that down 40 years ago...

Daisy'sMom
10-09-2010, 10:54 AM
COP is a must each and everytime we go. It's part of a tradition in our family. The song is song often and it's even my ringtone.
SD is something we skip. We loved the old shows that there there in the beginning but thought SD was bad.
I can't think of the name of the show, the one with Chevy Chase. Does anyone remember that? That wasn't the monster show, right?
See what happens with old age?:mickey:

gollybass
10-09-2010, 11:03 AM
we love COP, sounds dangerous on the other hand, we didnt know what to expect, and when it was over we thought... thats it?!

Stu29573
10-10-2010, 09:58 AM
COP is a must each and everytime we go. It's part of a tradition in our family. The song is song often and it's even my ringtone.
SD is something we skip. We loved the old shows that there there in the beginning but thought SD was bad.
I can't think of the name of the show, the one with Chevy Chase. Does anyone remember that? That wasn't the monster show, right?
See what happens with old age?:mickey:

That was indeed the Monster Sound Show!

exvagirl
10-10-2010, 11:01 AM
We did SD last time we went. Didn't love it, definitely not a must see for our family. As for CoP, we do that every single trip. Still love it to this day! :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
10-10-2010, 11:23 AM
CoP is open all year round. It's one of my all-time favorites :wave:

MyDisneyworld
10-12-2010, 09:26 AM
COP is a must do on every trip and Sounds Dangerous I doubt would be missed if it was made into something new.

Great big beautiful tomorrow..........

joonyer
10-12-2010, 01:16 PM
"Carousel of Progress" is of course a Disney classic, designed and created by Walt himself. The only attraction at MK that can lay claim to that distinction. As such, it deserves to be preserved and maintained (it sorely needs some re-furb work) and to remain open as much as possible.

Sounds Dangerous on the other hand, while interesting, I guess, is one of those attractions that can be replaced without much complaint.

Mousemates
10-12-2010, 02:12 PM
COP - is one of those "rides" that has the capacity to evoke an almost emotional nostalgic response from those of us who remember watching the Apollo missions, hearing parents or grand parents talk about "hard times" and a simpler way of life, and dreaming of a future where we would have supposedly been driving "flying cars" by now. As such I guess it probably has another 10-15 years of life before "our herd" starts to thin out and the popularity of it falls to an unsustainable level.

However, Sounds Dangerous has no such loyal following and will likely be crushed into pixie dust and imagineered into something new...and that sooner rather than later.

brivers222
10-18-2010, 04:57 PM
went on both this past week....

I have decided that Sounds Dangerous needs to go....

CoP is a great ride however :)

WVParkfan
10-19-2010, 12:45 PM

We finally rode it on our trip this last August. Nine visits to Disney, and we had never been on CoP!

Enjoyed it very much, and would recommend to anyone who has never been on it.

As for Sounds Dangerous, I really like it! Of course, I work at a post-production house for a living, and audio is my specialty. So, I really appreciate the attention to detail that went into the creation of that audio track. I understand why some people don't like it, but I can't understand how much some people on here HATE it.

Horizon One
10-25-2010, 12:34 PM
COP is a classic and anytime I go the Magic Kingdom I try to go on it.
I think only once it was closed when I went.
I now have my kids wanting to go on it when we go. They know the song off by heart.