PDA

View Full Version : Free dining...a day early?

paddington
10-06-2010, 05:54 PM
We aare planning a trip February 24 to POR for 5 nights. The free dining begins the 25th. Should we make two reservations for POR? One for the 24th p:mickey:and then for the rest of the week?

Strmchsr
10-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Yes, you could make a room only reservation for the 24th and then a package reservation beginning the 25th. We do that all the time when we know we'll be arriving late on our first day. It's cheaper that way.

paddington
10-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Will they make us change rooms or is it ok to tell them we made two reservations?

Strmchsr
10-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Will they make us change rooms or is it ok to tell them we made two reservations?

Depends. I think of the 4 times we've done this we only had to change rooms once. It's okay to tell them you have 2 reservations. That's not breaking the rules or anything. I know several folks who do the room only on their first night because they don't want to pay for park tickets / DDP, etc that they can't use that first day.

BigThunderFan
10-07-2010, 01:46 PM
We are doing that in January for the marathon, no need for park tickets that first day and the free dining was a much better deal than % off at Value.

I have also heard of people having to change rooms, but it is pretty rare. You can always ask nicely :blush:

eandrsmom
10-09-2010, 07:14 AM
Also, we moved our check-in up a day earilier in order to qualify for free dining. It was worth pulling our kids out of school early in order to get it. I hadn't realized that the dates listed are for check-in. We're checking-in the last day that free dining is offered, but the offer is good for our entire stay.:minnie:

KAT1811
10-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Yes, you could make a room only reservation for the 24th and then a package reservation beginning the 25th. We do that all the time when we know we'll be arriving late on our first day. It's cheaper that way.

:ditto:

We have had to change rooms before but since it's only one night we don't really settle in until we know if we'll be staying in that room or not. Good luck!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-11-2010, 12:53 PM
We have the same situation. Heading down 11/26 but the free dining plan doesn't start until the 27th. I had Kathy at MJ book a room only at POR for the 26th and then the MYW with free dining for the rest of the stay. Unfortunatley no other discounts, including AAA were available for the night only date.

Hopefully we won't have to change rooms, but since we are using the ME busing, our stuff won't be at the room until later in the evening, so we wouldn't be fully unpacked anyway. But hopefully we can keep the same room during our stay.