PDA

View Full Version : If it were up to me, the next restaruant theme would be...

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Just wondering what ideas everyone has out there for new dining themes?

I'd LOVE a New Orleans restaruant in the world. Cajun or Creole.

Ratatoullie Bistro....

vicster
10-06-2010, 04:46 PM

Ratatoullie Bistro....

That would be wonderful!!!

buzznwoodysmom
10-06-2010, 05:02 PM

Ratatoullie Bistro....

Oh gosh, only if its authentic. I've eaten "cajun" food places outside of Louisiana and its just not at all the same.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
10-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Mickey's House of Mouse right on Main Street. Characters as your waiters and entertainment.

mouseketeer mom
10-06-2010, 05:55 PM

Ratatoullie Bistro....

Oh, I'm with you!!! In DL this summer we ate at both the Blue Bayou and New Orleans Cafe and loved, loved, loved both meals.

Gator
10-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Star Wars fan here. I would love it if they made a diner that looked like the Mos Eisley Cantina. That would be pretty cool. I have no idea what they would serve there. Ronto Burgers. Roast TonTon. Jedi Veggie Platter.

exvagirl
10-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Mickey's House of Mouse right on Main Street. Characters as your waiters and entertainment.

That would be AMAZING! :mickey::mickey::mickey:

johnO
10-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Gosh, there seems to be every type of restaurant in WDW....

BrerGnat
10-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Definitely Creole/Cajun. There used to be a great one inside POFQ (Bonfamille's Cafe...R.I.P. :( )

Disneyland seems to have a lot of restaurants revolving around that theme (4, from my count). Wonder why that is, and why no representation at WDW? I think they could put one in MK near Splash Mountain. That would work, theme wise...

ElenitaB
10-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Could we please, please, please get a Star Wars themed restaurant or something that would be a "boy destination"? If not Star Wars, maybe pirates? (Gee, that would make the moms happy too. ;) )

I also wouldn't mind a restaurant along the lines of DL's Blue Bayou either.

TheRustyScupper
10-07-2010, 12:45 AM

1) They had one.
. . . Bonfamille Café *
. . . Port Orleans French Quarter Resort (POFQ)
2) It bombed.
3) Currently it is a management meeting place and CM training restaurant.

* The current Bonfamille is partially owned by Tiger Woods (unless the wife got it in divorce.)

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-07-2010, 09:46 AM
I think a pirate themed seafood restaurant would be cool.....:pirate:

joonyer
10-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Soul food. I'd like to see a tradtional southern comfort food restaurant

Collard greens, cornbread, fried chicken and catfish, homemade biscuits and gravy, chicken and dumplings, you get my drift.

brivers222
10-07-2010, 11:17 AM
I think a pirate themed seafood restaurant would be cool.....:pirate:

and where the rum would never be gone :)

LauraF
10-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Vegetarian CS/TS restaurant . . . perhaps in the The Land, or in AK (basically anywhere regional cuisine supports it.) With all the interest in health and organic living, perhaps it is not too far fetched.

Disney tries hard in TS restaurants, but CS is very slim pickings. I get real tired of cheese pizza and picking half the stuff out of my salads.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-07-2010, 01:46 PM
and where the rum would never be gone :)

Yes, yes, of course the rum drinks ;)

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-07-2010, 01:49 PM
We were just talking about those Ice hotels ... maybe an Ice themed restaruant... can you imagine a real ice restaruant in Florida???...

The could use lots of glass and crystal..

Love the Star Wars theme, pirate theme and definitely an organic menu place.

TheRustyScupper
10-07-2010, 03:54 PM

1) Until the Politically Correct Police got into the act.
2) Like
. . . changhes to PoTC
. . . renaming Dixie Landings

EeyoresBestFriend
10-07-2010, 04:07 PM
[QUOTE=ElenitaB;2107661]Could we please, please, please get a Star Wars themed restaurant or something that would be a "boy destination"? If not Star Wars, maybe pirates? (Gee, that would make the moms happy too. ;) )

I would love to be served by a good lookin pirate! Or maybe the younger Obi Wan? Woohoo!!! :D :cloud9:

Count me in on that one . . . . oh yeah, baby . . .

BrerGnat
10-07-2010, 04:13 PM
I think a Star Wars restaurant would be amazingly successful. I'm shocked that this hasn't already been done. I would love to have a restaurant where I can get a glass of blue milk... :D

Joannelet
10-07-2010, 04:17 PM
A route 66 restaurant. Maybe called Flo's Cafe or Rt. 66.
But make it look like Radiator Springs inside. I would say they can have the tables look like the cars from the movie but hey we already have car tables in Sci Fi....So they would have to do something different. But I love that movie and I think there needs to be more CARS related things!!!

BrerGnat
10-07-2010, 10:17 PM
A route 66 restaurant. Maybe called Flo's Cafe or Rt. 66.
But make it look like Radiator Springs inside. I would say they can have the tables look like the cars from the movie but hey we already have car tables in Sci Fi....So they would have to do something different. But I love that movie and I think there needs to be more CARS related things!!!

They are doing this at DCA as part of Carsland! There will be a Flo's Cafe! Just come visit in 2012. ;)

Also, the newest Disney Cruise Line ship is going to have a LOT of Cars related eateries...

I think they should re-theme the tomorrowland speedway to CARS, and then turn Cosmic Ray's into Flo's V8 Cafe. That's my suggestion. :thumbsup:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Great Cars suggestion!

AdventurerKim
10-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Oh gosh, only if its authentic. I've eaten "cajun" food places outside of Louisiana and its just not at all the same.

:exactly:

I want a Greek restaurant! Opa!

crltkcagle
10-08-2010, 08:43 PM
What an awesome idea!!! I would have to pass on the New Orleans restaurant seeing as I am from New Orleans! LOL

Joannelet
10-08-2010, 09:03 PM
They are doing this at DCA as part of Carsland! There will be a Flo's Cafe! Just come visit in 2012. ;)

Also, the newest Disney Cruise Line ship is going to have a LOT of Cars related eateries...

I think they should re-theme the tomorrowland speedway to CARS, and then turn Cosmic Ray's into Flo's V8 Cafe. That's my suggestion. :thumbsup:

YESSSSSSSS!! :)
I guess this is why I was hired as a CM! LOL :)
Thanks for letting me know there will be a CARS related eatery...now if we can only bring that to WDW......

ElenitaB
10-09-2010, 12:25 AM

Wish granted: Cat Cora's Kouzzina at the Boardwalk.

finaldynasty
01-10-2011, 07:11 PM
How about a Cars Themed Route 66 Diner restaurant or a New Orleans themed princess and the frog restaurant or a marvel themed restaurant with the newly acquired characters....

lettripp
01-10-2011, 08:55 PM
I think a futuristic-themed table service restaurant could be fun! I know the Starlight Cafe is there... but I mean something more elaborate! Really bright and colorful, and detailed - And it would add another TS restaurant to MK!

SBETigg
01-10-2011, 09:33 PM

Collard greens, cornbread, fried chicken and catfish, homemade biscuits and gravy, chicken and dumplings, you get my drift.

Isn't House of Blues a soul food place? Or is it more Cajun? I think this is one that's often overlooked. I know I rarely think of it, haven't been.

Kouzzina at the Boardwalk.

How about a tapas place? Spanish? Argentinean or Brazilian steakhouse?

ElenitaB
01-10-2011, 10:47 PM
How about a restaurant as elaborately themed as Animator's Palette from the cruiseships or Enchanted Garden from the new ship, the Dream? Or do they want to keep that kind of magic only on the ships?

waymickey
01-11-2011, 08:14 PM

Awsome I would never eat anywhere else!:mickey:

Fastpasssteve
01-11-2011, 09:14 PM
I know there are some new things in the works for Toon Town renovations...things of a Beauty and the Beast nature. Perhaps one section of a larger restaurant could be a lunch/tea place with a Mrs. Potts theme. Chip could visit at the tables. they could serve tea/ coffee (for adults) tea sandwiches of all kinds including peanut butter and jelly!

Silly? Maybe. But I would go again & again.
I love the afternoon tea over at the Grand Floridian.

LudwigVonDrake
01-17-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm with the Star Wars themed restaurant. That would be awesome :darth::trooper::chewy::ewok:

mook3y
01-17-2011, 11:19 AM
I would love to see a restaurant that was very unusual -

In KC, there is a place that your meal is delivered to you from the kitchen, to your table, via a train. It is carrying a basket that when it stops at your table, lowers your food down to your table.

This could be done with the monorail.

That would be a fun Counter Service option!

wdwfamilyof4
01-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Would love to a resteraunt with charachter dining designed with boys in mind. When DD was going through the princess phase we took her to cinderella's royal table ect. ect.. When we went this time wanted to do charachter dining with my DS in mind. There's nothing!! The basic charachters but seriously, where's buzz and woody? or peter pan and captain hook? Tarzan, robin hood, pirates the guys from cars? I'm shocked disney hasn't jumped on this. I guarantee a ton of little boys would love to go to this and parents would to since the line to meet buzz and woody when we went in Sept. during low season was over an hour long.

mickey_M_lvr
01-17-2011, 01:33 PM
I am married to a HUGE Star Wars fan. Everytime we go to Disney...his only request is to ride Star Tours. I think a Star Wars themed resturant would be wonderful. Lord knows they have a cookbook or two out with Starwars themed dishes. Why not serve that food there?!?!
:darth::chewy:

Of course the only down side to this....I am not sure I would get to eat anywhere else. LOL