PDA

View Full Version : New Redesigned Disney Stores

BrerGnat
10-06-2010, 02:58 PM
I just got back from the mall and the new Disney store was open! It was really nice! I really liked how it actually had BOYS STUFF!!!! Finally!!!

There was an entire area dedicated to Cars. They even had a Ridemakerz build area featuring Disney Pixar Cars! The CM told me that these would be found at the Ridemakerz stores in Downtown Disney Anaheim and Orlando in a "few weeks". They were awesome. My kids are really into these cars since my DH built one last Christmas. My younger son wanted to get one for Christmas this year, and he was all set to build a monster truck, until he saw Lightning McQueen was now available! I thought it was neat to have this in the mall store.

Also for boys was a big Pirates area with costumes and toys, and a Toy Story section with clothing, toys, and books.

Surprisingly (or maybe not), there was a general absence of the "Fab Five". Mickey and Pluto were well represented, but I didn't see much Minnie, Goofy, or Donald stuff at all! Kinda sad about that...

Also, they had a huge area with a big screen projector that was showing "coming soon" trailers for movies, CarsToons shorts, and more. There was a touch screen lcd panel to the side of the screen where you could choose what to view next. There was also a coloring table with crayons and coloring sheets.

For the girls, there was a Castle and inside were a bunch of mirrors and bins with princess costumes that kids could try on. Pretty cool, I thought, for girls.

They are STILL lacking big time in adult merchandise, though. There was only one table with t-shirts, and nothing really good. Lots of NIghtmare Before Christmas stuff too. There seems to be an abundance of mugs, cups, and stainless steel water bottles too. The entire back of the store was the standard plush and "made in china" Playhouse Disney toys.

Fans of Phineas and Ferb would be happy to see a big display carrying everything from clothing to school supplies and toys.

Overall, I felt the redesign is well done. I know each store is supposed to be unique, but this store (in Mission Viejo, CA) is rather small and lacked in the "interactive" department. I guess I was expecting more after reading about these redesigns a few months ago. I would suppose that larger, more flagship type stores would be really cool though.

Granny Jill A
10-06-2010, 03:05 PM
I really miss the original Disney Stores that used to be in our city. They had stuff for adults, plus lots of collectibles. I bought two pair of flannel PJ's about 16 years ago, and I'm still wearing them (well, not right this minute). I searched high and low at Downtown Disney for more flannels, but the pickins were mighty slim.

I would also love to see a store carrying kitchen items. Maybe they will realize that adults want to buy stuff in between trips to WDW.

Melanie
10-07-2010, 09:32 AM
I know each store is supposed to be unique, but this store (in Mission Viejo, CA) is rather small and lacked in the "interactive" department. I guess I was expecting more after reading about these redesigns a few months ago. I would suppose that larger, more flagship type stores would be really cool though.

It's interesting you say that, because you described the new Tampa store exactly.

Yes, the Cars area is cool, girls will love the interactive Castle and the gazebo projector/screen area was nice, but it seems to be the same old, same old in merchandise. Very disappointed in the continued lack of adult merchandise.

Joannelet
10-08-2010, 09:13 PM
We are getting one here in NJ at the end of Oct. and I cannot WAIT!!! Just got the info today in the mail about it. My son is going to be SOOO excited when he sees the CARS section!!! How cool!! I was reading on the pamphlet that every morning they will have an opening ceremony...do any of the ones that are open do this? Sounds a little like the parks! :)
Here is what my pamphlet says that I got in the mail today:
You and Your fam can discover the:
-Disney Princess castle and Magic Mirror: a royal princess castle built w your child in mind with a Magic Mirror featuring all of your favorite Disney Princesses
-First ever Disney Pixar Cars custom remote controlled car building experience
-Disney Store Theater- where guests can view classic and new Disney entertainment and join special in store events
-Glistening blue glitter trail leading Guests through the store while magical trees showcase Disney themed images.
-Magic of our Disney Store Opening Ceremony every morning....

I too wish they still sold collectibles. I have many collectibles in my curio (as well as my wedding cake topper) that I had purchased from the Disney store when they sold those. I use to love going in there for that stuff. I hope someday they bring that back too.

DisneyPrincess21
10-08-2010, 10:53 PM
We are getting one here in NJ at the end of Oct. and I cannot WAIT!!!

Where at in NJ is this store opening?

Joannelet
10-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Freehold, NJ Raceway Mall

BrerGnat
10-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Freehold, NJ Raceway Mall

Hey, that used to be "our" mall, back when we lived in NJ! I remember the year it opened! I was, like, 12 or so...

Joannelet
10-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Hey, that used to be "our" mall, back when we lived in NJ! I remember the year it opened! I was, like, 12 or so...

It's a small world after all!!! :) :mickey:

Joannelet
10-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Went to the opening yesterday. It was sooo much fun!! This weekend Minnie Mouse and Mickey Mouse will be there!! Cannot wait! :)

Kenny1113
10-27-2010, 09:20 PM
There was an entire area dedicated to Cars. They even had a Ridemakerz build area featuring Disney Pixar Cars! The CM told me that these would be found at the Ridemakerz stores in Downtown Disney Anaheim and Orlando in a "few weeks". They were awesome...
Overall, I felt the redesign is well done. I know each store is supposed to be unique, but this store (in Mission Viejo, CA) is rather small and lacked in the "interactive" department. I guess I was expecting more after reading about these redesigns a few months ago. I would suppose that larger, more flagship type stores would be really cool though.

Actually the "cars" themed ridemakerz were already at dtd on our trip a couple of weeks ago!

Your Disney store sounds way more interactive than ours! The local Disney stores look like a toy store out of sears with Disney items. I miss the old ones. :(
Glad to hear they don't all look like ours. Enjoy! :)

DisneyDudet
10-27-2010, 10:39 PM
They've opened up a new one in Dallas, and I plan to check it out tomorrow. I will probably take pics.

Can't wait!

Dragongirlx
10-28-2010, 10:09 AM
I wish they would open stores like this in the UK.
While the store in Edinburgh is good I remember when it was great, covering two levels with lots of stuff for adults and kids including gorgeous Jewellry that you can only get online these days.

DisneyDudet
10-29-2010, 11:46 AM
I thought our new Disney Store in Dallas was amazing and beautiful! Trees that had projections on them... Tinkerbell flying across the room... Sections devoted for boy and girls. Interactive areas.

Loved it!