PDA

View Full Version : OKW... Yuk to great Luck

pox24
10-06-2010, 02:54 PM
My DW and I spent most of last week at OKW. When we checked in we were in Studio 1710. The room smelled so bad of mildew we could not stay. The hotel manager could not have been nicer. He send Bell Services over and moved us to Bldg. 28. To our surprise we walked into a 1BR right on the 5th fairway! Our stay was delightful. Word of caution... Beware of 1710.

epceddie
10-06-2010, 09:04 PM
I say beware of any room ending in a 10 at OKW. I've stayed in two horrible rooms (4610 and 4810). They were both at the very end of the building and had terrible, little patios. Before we checked into 4610 we were told that we had a water view and would be able to see all the boats passing by. You could see the water way in the distance if you were standing up, but the bushes obscured any kind of view if you were sitting down.
I was very disappointed that we were given this room, because we're DVC members and OKW is our home resort. We asked to be moved, but they rooms that were offered to us weren't any better.
Don't stay in an OKW room that ends in a 10. Try to switch at the desk when you check in.

Zone Stop
10-08-2010, 01:15 AM
Good luck with that, because that's half of the Studios in the entire resort aside from the ones in 14, 18, 35, and 38.