PDA

View Full Version : Help with choice PLEASE???

jiifigment
10-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Hi -
I'm going for a conference (1st ever for that purpose), so I don't want a ressie inside a park, but where do you take your boss on property? Probably not a super noisy environment, and not $50/plate. Suggestions?

TheDuckRocks
10-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Here's a few:
Grand Floridian Cafe
Captain's Grille at Yacht Club
Boatwright's at Port Orleans Riverside
Wolfgang Puck in DTD

wdwfansince75
10-06-2010, 12:21 PM
On one business trip, I suggested Narcossees, and it was a hit. Good food and a quieter setting than most venues. I had to pick the next night as well, and chose Citricos...another hit! Got a resse for 6 with almost no notice. (The conference was at Contemp, and all there were filled). Artist Pointe also gets high ratings from some...good food, quieter setting, off the beaten track. You may also want to consider the Boardwalk restuarants, or Swan/Dolphin locations. Again, good food and relatively quiet. You will undoubtedly get some suggestions for California Grill, and if noise is not a problem, it is a great choice. However, it books up early. (months ahead of time). Don't go without an ADR...not with your boss!
Check out the menus to get some idea of selections and prices. Make an ADR or so...do a backup just in case your boss rejects the first choice.

By the time you get just an entree and drink(s), most on site venues would be close to $50 per person.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-06-2010, 01:34 PM
The Boardwalk area offers you lots of options from Sports (ESPN Zone) to beer (Big River Brewing) to fancy (Flying Fish or Yachtsman) to something a bit different (Kouzzina by Cat Cora). Plus there are a few more in the resorts Y&B Club or the Boardwalk. Easy to get to as well.

Otherwise I'd probably suggest DownTown Disney or one of the resort restaraunts on the monorail.

SBETigg
10-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Kouzzina, Sanaa, Grand Floridian Cafe, all good choices outside of parks with nice atmosphere/*quieter settings/affordably impressive food.

*(quieter with the exception of the waitstaff at Kouzzina shouting out the occasional Opa! for celebrating guests).

johnO
10-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Kouzzina was pretty good.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-06-2010, 09:26 PM
If your boss is an adventurous eater then you should try something more "exotic" think Boma's, Jiko, Sanaa, Bongo's ...

If not then somewhere in the GF, Kousina, Artist Point, Wolfgang Puck Cafe...

if you'd like your time with the boss to be "down to earth, talk about how work is "on the street" kind of mood, then go for more casual TS... buffet or "sports bar-y". If you're trying to impress, puff your chest out and show him/her how much you are "worth" it to the company, then definately go for something that will impress... both the meal and the "grandness" of the restaurant/resort. Nothing is more impressive than walking into the Grand Floridian, or Jambo House or WL lobby.:thumbsup:

phlo8810
10-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Flying fish cafe boardwalk. Love it there. I've always wanted to try il mulino at S&D too but never have.

ElenitaB
10-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Keeping your $$ limit in mind, I'd suggest (like others) Kouzzina at the Boardwalk, the Grand Floridian Cafe or Wolfgang Puck Cafe in Downtown Disney. None are really terribly loud, and all have solid food and a nice atmosphere.

jiifigment
10-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Thanks! I made a ressie for Kouzzina. I've never been there, which makes me a little nervous, but it comes so highly recommended from everyone on the board, it has to be good! I definitely was leaning toward the Boardwalk/Beach Club/Yacht Club area anyway. Thanks SO much y'all! :thumbsup:

Gator
10-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Disney with your boss. That's a tough one. I don't know that you can avoid noise. One place that's not loud at all and has good food is Teppen Edo at the Japan Pavillion at Epcot. The chefs come out and cook right in front of you, and you can get some pretty good steaks done there.

KAT1811
10-18-2010, 02:29 PM
For me, Portobello in DTD. One of my favorites and a very overlooked restaurant IMHO. Good luck!