PDA

View Full Version : Zawadi's 2 week safari 18 Sep - 02 Oct (Part 3)

Zawadi
10-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Fri 24 Sep
Once again not only did we made the 9am rope-drop in EPCoT but we also boarded the first departure of Soarin’. Whilst standing on the glider marks, for row 1, we got the best entertainment of the day. Next to us was two elderly ladies, who were mother and daughter, and they were both wondering if Soarin’ was senior-friendly. At the point when Patrick says that smaller aviators need to use the centre strap the daughter pointed to her mother which caused those around to chuckle. When we actually boarded, the mother was indeed below the marks and the daughter adhered to the safety video this time to the amusement of a cast member who simply and politely stated that the centre loop was only necessary for children. During the ride I occasionally looked across at the two ladies and was pleased to see wide eyes and beaming smiles. As we were leaving I spoke with them and explained how FPs worked so they could ride again. It just proves a quotation that I’ve seen in somebody’s signature “Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional”. We got a 2nd FP to use later in the day then had breakfast in Sunshine Seasons by which time we were cleared to get a 3rd FP for Soarin’. (By now you might have gathered that we like Soarin’ a lot!)

After going on Nemo ride and watching the divers performing cleaning and feeding duties we went on Spaceship Earth then, before walking back to the Yacht Club, we asked the CM at the timing board about WDW’s twin town and got a blank look in return. The next couple of hours were spent in Stormalong Bay where we rented a tube. It was a bit overcast and as we were gently floating around the creek it started to rain causing some people to get out (why, since you’re already wet?).

Whenever my niece goes to WDW, they take a transfer coach from the airport which usually stops at the All Star Resorts. On her first trip she saw the statues of Pongo and Purdy and since then has referred to All Start Movies as “Dog and Bone”. We decided to pay the resort a visit and were very lucky with the WDW transport – no wait for boat to DHS and again no wait for bus to All Stars even though we were the last on and it was very difficult to the stay behind the yellow line. I did get a bit concerned when the bus stopped at the lights, to turn left out of DHS onto Buena Vista Drive, and the driver put on her prescription glasses. We took photos of both Andy’s room and Pongo and Purdy as the lifeguards closed the pool due to a T’storm warning. Whilst waiting for a bus back to EPCoT we were surrounded by a swarm of love-bugs which cause a little girl in a stroller to go hysterical.

On returning to EPCoT we stopped by Guest Relations to enquire about the exhibit for WDW’s twin town, which is our town. The CM didn’t know but went to ask somebody in the back room. She returned to tell us that it was in the UK’s pavilion. We then used one of our Soarin’ FPs.

Since DW was wearing a shirt with Marie on it we went across to the French pavilion to meet Marie. It was a purrfect (pun intended) “C’est moi!” moment. Since dinner wasn’t until 6:50pm in Tutto Italia we then walked to the Boardwalk bakery for a cupcake to share then completed the loop around Crescent back to our room to cool down.

Our aim for the evening was to use our remaining Soarin’ FP before dinner but this was abandoned when we estimated that the FP line was 30+ minutes. In Tutto Italia we chose Lasagne, Penn Calbrese and Chocolate Torte. As we left Tutto Italia it was raining lightly so we decided to abandon both IllumiNations and our Soarin’ FP (a sad moment) to return to the room to watch the season opener of “CSI NY”, which will not be aired in the UK until Jan 2011, and were shocked to find that “Stella” had left.

Sat 25 Sep
Took the boat to DHS and at 8:20am got a TSMM FP for 11:30am. So, it was then 2x RnRC, ToT, GMR (cowboy scene) a cinnamon roll at Starring Rolls and Backlot Tour before getting another TSMM FP (now at 6:35pm) and using our 11:30 TSMM FP. We then had lunch at Starring Rolls (ham sandwich, turkey sandwich tiramisu and banana split) and walked back to the Yacht Club.

A bus to MK resulted in a FP for Buzz, watching the 3pm parade, going on Buzz, TTA (the lights came on in Space Mountain), CoP and PhilarMagic before having a 5:35pm dinner in Crystal Palace where I got put in a headlock by Tigger.

We then got a bus back to Yacht Club, topped up our resort mugs for the evening, then got the boat to DHS where we used our TSMM FP then queued for the 9:30pm Fantasmic. In the line we started talking with a couple and found out that he’d been on a business trip to our town earlier in the year. Finally it was a Friendship boat back to the Yacht Club where our host told some cringe worthy jokes. So as we exited, I got my own back with “What should you eat before going on Tower of Terror? A strawberry jam sandwich because if as you go down you meet it going up it doesn’t taste too bad!”

Sun 26 Sep
The bus to Animal Kingdom was delayed by a lady who had injured her leg and was driving an ECV for the first time. She could not park it on the bus and it’s the first time that I’ve witnessed “bump” parking. The AK was quiet, got a KS FP then entered its 5 min line. Got a FP for EE and entered its 20 min line. We then had an early lunch at Pizzafari (veggie pizza, Italian hot sandwich and chocolate mouse). Lunch was then walked off along both trails around the Tree of Life before watching Flights of Wonder twice (the elevated rear seats are better for taking video) and using our KS and EE FPs. We then returned to relax in Stormalong Bay before driving to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for a 7:25pm dinner in Boma.

After dinner we returned to the Yacht Club and took a bus to MK, arriving 9:50pm for evening EMH until 01:00am, where Hall of Presidents, Haunted Mansion, 3xBuzz, PotC, BTM, PhilarMagic were visited before returning to the Yacht Club at 01:35am

Disneyfirsttimer
10-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Wow! You certainly get a lot done in one day! Can easily tell you are Disney pros!

T-Belle
10-05-2010, 05:41 PM
My goodness you certainly make the most of your days! And if I counted correctly ~ you rode Soarin' 3 times in one day...you are my HERO!!!!:notworth: It's my favorite!!!!

faline
10-05-2010, 06:30 PM
While you certainly get lots done, it also seems you have a very relaxed touring style and make sure you get lots of relaxed time in as well! Nice report! :mickey:

Joannelet
10-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Wow 1:35am!! You guys are partiers!!! :)
I loved your story about the two seniors riding Soarin. As a matter of fact since I consider myself a child size person LOL I always use the center strap! LOL It also makes me feel "safer."
When I went to Disneyland at that part where they say little aviators need to do so..the CM there said No they don't have to! I was so angry that he said that...I have no idea what he was thinking....

RedSoxFan
10-05-2010, 08:59 PM
More great days. You guys are having fun.:mickey:

Zawadi
10-06-2010, 01:11 PM
When I went to Disneyland at that part where they say little aviators need to do so..the CM there said No they don't have to! I was so angry that he said that...I have no idea what he was thinking....

My interpretation is that smaller children might wriggle around in the seat and there is a danger of them slipping under the lap belt by sitting forward on the edge of the seat then leaning backwards.

Adults have more sense (from a person who now has a plate in his wrist after stepping off a ladder before being at the bottom :blush:)

badkitty
10-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Another great report!

WHAT!?! STELLA LEFT?!? Oh man...

WDWdriver
10-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Busy days! Glad you were able to ride Soarin' several times.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-07-2010, 04:31 PM
sounds awesome

Suz36
10-10-2010, 07:59 PM
I noticed the sign about the sister town in the UK when we were in Epcot last week! And too funny about CSI - cheaters!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-12-2010, 10:41 AM
While you certainly get lots done, it also seems you have a very relaxed touring style and make sure you get lots of relaxed time in as well! Nice report! :mickey:

My thoughts exactly! off to the next one..

pdrlkr
10-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

vizsla
10-16-2010, 05:44 AM
Thanks for the report.