Triple Rooms - $845
Double Rooms - $995
Single Rooms - $1,295

Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort
Quad Rooms - $844
triple Rooms - $945
Double Rooms - $1145
Single Rooms - $1695

Reservations and $100 deposit due August 1, 2010; final payment due October 1.

WDWCrazyKaren
10-05-2010, 02:15 PM
OUCH! Counting my blessings right now that it won't be me there! :mickey:

I'm glad they announce it early enough so the rest of us can avoid it if at all possible!

rmdsmomluvup
10-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Great..we chose POR over CBR for 11/30-12/7! How bad will it be?

ToraTory
10-05-2010, 04:14 PM
I've been at All Star Sports before during the dreaded cheerleading events and honestly I didn't find it bad at all. I found the practices entertaining actually. It did make for an overly crowded (and excited) food court but other than that I hardly knew they were there. No worries, you will be fine :mickey:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Whew! With our changed itinerary we should be checking out of POR about 9:00am on the 4th, so we should miss the rush:D

buzz2001
10-06-2010, 12:44 PM
I would avoid is DHS on 12/8 because it looks like they will be having an after hours party for the Pop Warner kids. (16,000 participants expected to attend)

SteveO
10-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Ok Ouch! I saw on the Pop Warner website that the event goes through Friday, 12/10. That's the day I arrive. I don't know much about the event except that there are A LOT of hopped-up screaming youngsters all over the place. Don't I sound like a cranky old man? I'm not that bad.:thedolls:

Anyway, do most of the fine young people start clearing out on the last day? I was hoping for all of WDW to myself. ;)

disneymom2000
10-06-2010, 10:56 PM
:woohoo: I held my breath when I made my reservations back in February that I would be missing all the Pop Warner/Cheerleading hub bub. I am getting there the afternoon of the
12th. It's not that I don't appreciate those kiddos but I just enjoy the parks better without the crowds that come with that event.:cheer::football:

TammiMcMan
10-07-2010, 04:51 PM
I would avoid is DHS on 12/8 because it looks like they will be having an after hours party for the Pop Warner kids. (16,000 participants expected to attend)We've been there before during Pop Warner and I wouldn't say there's any reason to avoid DHS on that day. The park was relatively quiet and the only inconvenience was that it closed early to regular guests and re-opened for the Pop Warner group only. The kids had games and competitions during the day, so we didn't even see them in the park. Only a few groups that appeared to be families of the competitors.

Granny Jill A
10-12-2010, 04:24 PM
I don't know much about the event except that there are A LOT of hopped-up screaming youngsters all over the place. Don't I sound like a cranky old man? I'm not that bad.:thedolls:

No, you're not a cranky old man. You just expect kids to behave themselves, or parents to monitor their behavior when it gets too wild and crazy.

I had lunch in a restaurant where a 6-year-old girl was celebrating her birthday. Right behind me. With a balloon. And a little sister who wanted the balloon. (sigh) I couldn't get out of there fast enough because the parental units were ignoring the whole screamfest.

People wouldn't shudder everytime someone mentions Pop Warner if the parents would take time to explain that kids can have fun and behave at the same time.