PDA

View Full Version : Zawadi's 2 week safari 18 Sep - 02 Oct (Part 2)

Zawadi
10-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Tues 21 Sep
Arrived DHS 09:15am to find the FPs for TSMM were already at 12:15pm. We decided to enter the 50min stand-by line for TSMM followed by 2xToT and GMR.
We left and took Friendhip IV back to EPCoT where our host, Allen gave the joke “Why does Tigger bounce? Because he doesn’t want to tread on Pooh”.
Lunched at Germany’s counter service – DW had Bratwurst + Black forest roulade and I had Bratwurst + Bavarian cheesecake.
Watched the American Adventure (a cleverly put together show) then spent more time exploring World Showcase.

We returned to Yacht Club to freshen up for dinner at 7:30pm in Whispering Canyon Café. Our route to dinner was via a bus from Yacht Club to Magic Kingdom, where we walked back to the Contemporary to see the “Mickey Ears” statue. From the Contemporary, we took the resort monorail loop back to Magic Kingdom then the resort boat to Wilderness Lodge.

Dinner was “interesting”, our server was “Fancy Margareta” and we both ordered the Skillet and had Diet Coke as our drinks. I’m not sure what happened but something happened on the table behind us and their server dragged a lady’s chair and placed her sat facing one of the columns shouting “Don’t say anything and look at this spot until I say otherwise!!!” On another table a lady took a call on her mobile (cell) phone which offended her server who started shouting about it being rude and that we’re not important. The suitably embarrassed lady was then fanned by the server using a wine list. During our meal, Fancy Margareta asked it everything was okay. I complained about my glass being broken since all of the drink had leaked out. The next thing I knew was a 3pint bucket of Diet Coke being placed in front of me :). Later on one the restaurant managers walked past and on seeing the “bucket” said that she would ensure that the servers would use traffic direction wands to ensure that I would have a clear route to the restroom!

After dinner we stayed to watch the Electric Water Parade and went to get the boat back to Magic Kingdom. As we got to the dock, the boat had just left but a smaller boat was just coming alongside. Its CM skipper said that he was going direct to the Contemporary – great our own private boat what a nice way to end the day!

Wed 22 Sep
A lie in! For us Brits we have to do some shopping when in the USA and this was our day. Off to Prime Outlets at the north end of I-drive. On the way back we stopped at Wolfgang Puck, in Downtown Disney, for a counter service lunch (Spicy Chicken Melt and Carrot Cake – Yum! Yum!)

After unloading the goodies, we left to spend the remainder of the afternoon and evening EMH in Animal Kingdom: FotLK at 3:30pm, Nemo at 4:45pm, dinner at 6pm in Yak ‘n’ Yeti (Beef with broccoli in black bean sauce, sweet & sour chicken, mango pie and new york cheesecake) followed by 2xEE and It’s tough to be a bug. We got some fantastic shots of EE with the moon behind it silhouetting a train going up the lift.

Whilst waiting for the bus back to the Yacht Club, a bus pulled up unloaded and the driver said “I’m not your bus!” and pulled away to return 5 minutes later to take us back.

Thur 23 Sep
A non-Disney day (shock, horror!). We left WDW for SeaWorld, since we had a 2 for 1 deal, and managed 3xManta within 40 minutes followed by Kraken, Journey to Atlantis (we got soaked!), Shamu show, Dolphin show and Arctic experience.

Returned to EPCoT for a 7:55pm dinner at Le Cellier and whilst waiting to be seated one of the CMs started asking Disney Trivia questions (now where have I done Disney Trivia before? :))
Came out of dinner to see the last 5 minutes of IllumiNations.

badkitty
10-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Great report. Thanks! It sounds like another great couple of days. I'm hungry just reading about all the great food. :eat: It sounds like WCC didn't disappoint with their antics!

I hope you did us all proud with the trivia! :thumbsup:

Disney4us2
10-04-2010, 11:45 PM
I love your experience with WCC. We are going for the first time this December.

Zawadi
10-05-2010, 05:30 AM
One thing that I forgot to add about Yak 'n' Yeti table service...

In the area where we were I was the only person using chop sticks.

RedSoxFan
10-05-2010, 08:03 AM
A great couple of days in and out of the parks. Your dinner at WCC sounds like it was a lot of fun.:mickey:

faline
10-05-2010, 08:57 AM
I've never managed to be in Animal Kingdom after dark! Sounds like your photos are wonderful!

Too funny about the bus that wasn't your bus! That bus driver must have been confused or re-assigned at the last moment!

T-Belle
10-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Another full day!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Great report:mickey:

Joannelet
10-05-2010, 02:57 PM
LOL did the bus driver say anything when he picked you up? That is hilarious....

Your joke about Tigger made me think of one that the cast members would tell when I worked there. :) -we need to amuse ourselves.....you know...
It was Why was Tigger looking in the toilet?
He was looking for Pooh! :)
Sorry for some potty humor :)
I love WCC! I am so glad you had a great time there as well. I had to ride a horse around the restaurant BY MYSELF while singing happy birthday TO MYSELF for my 30th birthday. Um yeah..I will never forget that. That is sooo funny about your drink and your path to the bathroom! :)
So neat that you got your own boat!!! :)
Did you see the Shamu show? Were the trainers in the water yet? or no?
And yes you better have done well on the Disney Trivia!!! :)

Zawadi
10-05-2010, 03:47 PM
The trainers are no longer permitted in the water with the whales during the Shamu show. They did do some high diving and when working with the whales they erected guard rails along the pool side.

WDWdriver
10-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Dinner at WCC is always a bit risky. At least you didn't have to ride the stick ponies around the tables.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Love the reports... off to #3

14 days would be :cloud9: for us. We haven't done more than 8 so far.

pdrlkr
10-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

vizsla
10-15-2010, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the report.