PDA

View Full Version : DVC Fast Passes

sydneymouse
10-04-2010, 01:53 PM
I just got back from Disney World and wanted to let all DVC members know that there is a really nice reception at Bay Lake. It was in the loundge. It was 1.5 hours long and we received 7 fast pass cards. Each pass is good for 3 instant fast passes. You put the card in the fast pass machine and it gives you 1 hour to use it. It says you can't use it once the fast passes are gone for the day but they let us. It came in very handy for Toy Story Mania. Well worth it!

sydneymouse
10-04-2010, 02:02 PM
We thought it was awesome as well. There were finger sandwiches, beverages and cheesecake. Games were played to win DVC merchandise and $100 giftcard was given away. You have to book with DVC workers to go. They only allow 75 to attend. We had about 30. Also, the kids are allowed in the BLT kids club for free while the parents attend the meeting.

TheDuckRocks
10-05-2010, 10:59 AM
What day of the week do they do this and how do you go about signing up?

sydneymouse
10-05-2010, 11:12 AM
I believe it is every day at 1230. We signed up through the DVC rep at the Beach Club.

Disney4us2
10-05-2010, 11:22 AM
That sounds really cool. I will have to check it out:thumbsup:

dlpmikki
10-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Me too! Will be tehre next week!

TheDuckRocks
10-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Thank you for the info. We will be checking this out when we're there in 5 weeks.:joy:

jensantuit
10-05-2010, 12:44 PM
My husband and I thought about doing this during our last trip but ran out of time.
We may do this during our up coming December trip. I was wondering, do you have to use all of the fast passes the same day as the reception? :mickey:

sydneymouse
10-05-2010, 04:26 PM
It says on the back of the card that it is good for 4 days.

Santuitman
11-04-2010, 09:00 AM
I'm bumping this to see if anyone knows if they are still doing it? We will be there in Dec and will try it if possible.
Thanks!

Disney4us2
11-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Thanks for bumping this up. We will be there in 27 days:cloud9: and want to know as well.

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Had we known that this was happening when we went 2 weeks ago we would have done this FOR SURE!!!!
AWE MAN....
What's the chances of them continuing this until next Sept/October? :blush:

epceddie
11-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Is there anything about this on the DVC member site? I try to stay current and this is the first I'm hearing about this. Sounds great.

wildernesslady
11-09-2010, 05:09 PM
They were doing this in late October. We would have loved to go but it did not fit into our schedule.

PETE FROM NYC
11-09-2010, 05:50 PM
DW and I did it in September.
How did you get seven fast passes?
We only got one each (3 uses).

LoriSan
11-16-2010, 09:52 AM
we did this two weeks ago and got 5 fast passes. It was nice.

Disney4us2
12-04-2010, 12:44 AM
I did this yesterday. They have them every day. Very cool. Will go into more detail when we return home.

ANG
12-04-2010, 06:21 AM
Yep, we went to on this week. Got a free pin as well :mickey:

twinboyz
12-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Is this in the lounge on the top floor at BLT? You can sign up for it?

twinboyz
01-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Does anyone have anymore info on this? how do you sign up for it?

Disney4us2
01-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Does anyone have anymore info on this? how do you sign up for it?

You can sign up at the DVC booths. I signed up at EPCOT for the following day. There is a daily limit due to space available. It meets at 1pm, but we were there shortly after 12pm. They take up up to the lounge on the top floor. There were finger sandwiches and chocolate marble cheese cakes as well as limited beverages... coffee, tea, iced tea, water. Can't remember if they had soda's. You just choose a place to sit, eat and then the games/presentation begins. They gave away some cool prizes with the top prize of $100.00. I didn't win any of the prizes, but did get my fast passes, and a color Hawaiian print of Aulani. We also got a DVC tote bag with a portfolio/paper/pen. There was also crayons and coloring books for the children.

After the activities, they took us out to the observation area for pictures and then on to tour BLT. We saw the one bed room and studio. They are very nice. We also went down to look at the pool from behind the gates. We didn't get to go into the pool area it self. It was a nice event. There was also a guide available at the end if anyone wanted or needed to see a guide.

epceddie
01-24-2011, 04:30 PM
We took the BLT tour on Jan. 11 and had a good time. We were given three fast passes each that we could use right away at an attraction. We used ours at Soarin' and didn't have the usual wait for a return time. We got the FP's and went right to the front of the line. That was very cool.
We weren't that impressed with BLT though. The lobby was tiny, the lounge on the top floor was pretty small, and the inside hallways were a little confusing. We had some trouble finding the elevators and the walkway back to the Contemporary.

twinboyz
01-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Thanks for all the info!:mickey:

Disney4us2
02-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Does anyone know if they are still doing the DVC fast passes? We did it in December and I was hoping to do it again in April.
Thanks,

DizneyFreak2002
02-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Does anyone know if they are still doing the DVC fast passes? We did it in December and I was hoping to do it again in April.
Thanks,

The DVC tour??? I think they still give out fast passes... Just becareful though because, you did the tour once already, you're name is in their system... They will know you already took the tour... My friend took the tour one year, then tried again the next year... They gave him the tour, just wouldn't give him the fast passes since he already took the tour once... The rep actually asked if he was taking the tour only for the free fast passes... My friend said no of course, but he still didn't get the passes...

peemagg
02-22-2011, 11:09 AM
When we were there the end of January, we asked to sign up for the tour, and were told they weren't doing it anymore.

We did go to the DVC center at SSR and inquired about the tour and was told the same thing. We did end up getting those passes, but only because I was not a member and chose to take a tour of their demo rooms at SSR. They weren't giving them to DVC members.

ozmom
02-22-2011, 11:20 AM
We were also there at the end of January and as stated previously they were not doing the tours at that time due to some construction. We did meet with DVC rep about adding on and had been told by the CM in Epcot where we signed up for the meeting that they were not giving out the fast passes anymore unless you purchased. We did end up purchasing another contract and adding on and were given 10 cards, which were good for 3 fastpasses each for a total of 30 fastpasses.

Disney4us2
02-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Thanks! Looks like one less stop in our schedule. Maybe we will hit the welcome home Wednesday instead.:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
02-23-2011, 06:47 AM
The tours resumed for members yesterday! We were fortunate enough to attend. It's not too dis-similar to Welcome Home Wednesdays.
On a real positive note, I won a bunch of stuff and at the end, won the grand prize of a $100 gift card! They are indeed giving the fastpasses to anyone that attends!

mgmnut
03-01-2011, 11:55 AM
When we were eating at Epcot in France back in 2006, we struck up a coversation with the people at the table next to us. They said that they had taken the DVC tour that day and were given the instant Fast passes. They were going home in the morning so they gave the 4 passes to us. It was awsome!!.

We are going back in July and staying at The Wilderness Lodge. I used my RCI points to book. Since we are not (real) DVC members, if we take the DVC tour will they give us intsant fast passes? Do they offer it all the time or is it only occassionally??

I could have sworn they were passes for 4 instant fast passes.

Boy did they come in handy. hour long rides and you get to instantly walk right on.

princessjojo
03-01-2011, 01:04 PM
The tours resumed for members yesterday! We were fortunate enough to attend. It's not too dis-similar to Welcome Home Wednesdays.
On a real positive note, I won a bunch of stuff and at the end, won the grand prize of a $100 gift card! They are indeed giving the fastpasses to anyone that attends!
So am I understanding you correctly, that this is available to current DVC members? It last around an 1.5hrs, and is it a tour of the BLT (which I would love to see)? Though my kids are older (13 & 15), are they able to come with us. They may quite possibly kill each other if left to themselves. We've discussed adding on points, but shamelessly admit that the fastpasses would make attending much more attractive.:blush:

Maleficent's Dad
03-02-2011, 07:59 PM
So am I understanding you correctly, that this is available to current DVC members? It last around an 1.5hrs, and is it a tour of the BLT (which I would love to see)? Though my kids are older (13 & 15), are they able to come with us. They may quite possibly kill each other if left to themselves. We've discussed adding on points, but shamelessly admit that the fastpasses would make attending much more attractive.:blush:
We had a 14 year old and 12 year old with us. They didn't love it, but they didn't hate it either. There is a presentation up on the top lounge, followed by a brief tour of a studio (and grand villa if available). The presentation/game takes up most of the time. The views are great. The tour is brief. The fastpass cards are valid at any FP attraction for up to 4 days. However, if the FP kiosks at an attraction are closed you cannot obtain a FP for that attraction.