PDA

View Full Version : T- Rex...Which room?

NJGIRL
10-04-2010, 01:10 PM
We have an ADR for T-Rex in two weeks and I wanted to get opinions from those who have been there as to which room we should request when we get there. Which room have you dined in and did you like it?

jensantuit
10-04-2010, 01:31 PM
We have eaten at T-Rex twice. The first time we were in the underwater section and it was ok. I ended up walking around with my 2 sons at the time 5 and 3 so that they could see all different dinosaurs.
Our most recent time was this past August and we were in the ice cave room which my boys loved. They love the color change of the cave and seeing the meteor storm. I have to admit it was very loud in the cave, but in all honesty the while restaurant itself was loud. I would not hesitate to be seated in the ice cave again.
I hope this helps. :mickey:

NJGIRL
10-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Thanks, this is exactly the type of info I was looking for. The Ice Cave sounds great!

LudwigVonDrake
10-04-2010, 02:09 PM
I ate there once and was in the forest room. The nachos were quite delicious :tasty:

buzznwoodysmom
10-04-2010, 02:38 PM
We hated the ice cave room. It was so dark, and it felt louder than the rest of the restaurant. The changing colors also didn't sit well with me. I left with a major headache. We have eaten here twice and the first time we were seated next to the bar which was not quite as loud and you could see much better. We probably won't eat here again, it just wasn't all that great, but if we ever eat there again it WILL NOT be in the ice cave room.

kakn7294
10-04-2010, 05:45 PM
We ate there in August and were seated in the undersea room right next to the main entrance hallway and giant T-Rex. It was very noisy and busy and the sun came in right through the main door, blinding those in our party facing the doors. I would have prefered the forest room. Regardless of where you are seated, you can walk through the entire restaurant to see all the dinos.

etibbetts
10-05-2010, 12:21 PM
We went 9/19/10 for my nephews 7th birthday and were seated in the underwater section. He was extremely disappointed to go to a dinosaur named restaurant and feel like he was eating w/ Nemo instead.

I would recommend another section if you wanted more dinosaurs.

It is a very loud restaurant.

NJGIRL
10-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Ludwig & Kathy what was in the forest room and did you like it?

Granny Jill A
10-05-2010, 02:06 PM
We ate in the Fern Forest with the kids, and sat at the Shark Bar when we were alone. Both places are not bad. The worst place to sit is right NEXT to the screaming/bellowing dinos. You can't even hear yourself think.

brownie
10-05-2010, 02:25 PM
I didn't know they had different themed rooms. We have an advance dining reservation for T-Rex, and now I'm looking forward to it some more. It'll be cool to check out.

Joannelet
10-05-2010, 02:36 PM
I just want to make a little comment about the ice cave. It can be bothersome to people with light colored eyes.
I have green eyes and it bothers me. (kind of like snow but not as bright....) I was there with children who have blue eyes and it bothered them a bit too.
I ate there once but I'd prefer not to because of that.

buzznwoodysmom
10-05-2010, 03:05 PM
I just want to make a little comment about the ice cave. It can be bothersome to people with light colored eyes.
I have green eyes and it bothers me. (kind of like snow but not as bright....) I was there with children who have blue eyes and it bothered them a bit too.
I ate there once but I'd prefer not to because of that.

Well, I have brown eyes and out of my group it bothered me the most. And I'm usually not at all sensitive to stuff like that. My hubby and boys all have blue eyes, and while the noise was definitely bothersome to them at times, the lighting didn't affect them at all like it did me. It felt so loud and chaotic in there. I was so glad to leave. Half way through the meal I told me kids to enjoy it because I didn't know if we'd be back again. They didn't even care that we wouldn't be back. But they are older, 9 and 7 at the time, and had eaten there twice and Rainforest Cafe several times so the novalty is wearing off.

BellesRose
10-06-2010, 12:35 AM
We were there last month and sat in the ice cave. We had a large party and it was packed so there was a long wait and we didn't get to choose...not that we cared! I'm usually sensitive to that stuff (Noise and lights) but I was perfectly fine in the ice cave. We also thought the food was one of the best we've had on Disney property.

kakn7294
10-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Ludwig & Kathy what was in the forest room and did you like it?Most of what people think of as dinosaurs were in the forest room. The undersea room really only has the giant octopus that hangs overhead but it is located next to the T-Rexes in the front and the Wooly Mammoth family near the back. The ice cave has a skeleton and changes colors - pink and blue.

#1donaldfan
10-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Ice cave !!!! :thumbsup:

Brooklynos
10-10-2010, 09:34 PM
We loved the Ice Cave!!! It was so much fun and we didn't find it too dark. We had our little brother and sister wih us and had a blast getting "scared" during the meteor showers. :D

Mogie
10-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Good question. I was there with my GF and we couldnt really decide either...so we sat at the bar and had a view of ALL the rooms. They are not so much rooms as areas with some dividers, but can pretty easily see from one room to the next.