PDA

View Full Version : POLL: What is the worst attraction in Tomorrowland?

MaxPower
10-04-2010, 12:59 PM
What is the worst attraction in Tomorrowland at The Magic Kingdom?

joonyer
10-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Speedway wins this contest hands down. It has the least imagination, least innovation, least Disney magic, and the least fun.

mom2mickeyfan
10-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Tomorrowland Speedway

I swear that I will NEVER stand in line in the heat to ride this again!! If my DS wants to ride, it will be up to my husband to take him while I find a cool spot to rest my feet and sip something cool!!

Evil Genius
10-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Speedway without a doubt.

Huge footprint of wasted space. It's slow loading...slow moving...it stinks...I mean I honestly can't think of one redeeming quality for this attraction.

btharvey
10-04-2010, 01:46 PM
I don't generally like to put things into a 'worst' category ... "most in need of reworking/replacement" is more what I'd like it to say.

I try to stay away from superlatives in either direction.

disneymom15
10-04-2010, 02:30 PM
I voted for Stitch, but it was a toss up between that and the speedway. I think the speedway could be fun if they would do a major refurb. In serious need of new cars. Steering and excelerator on the cars are just awful.

Stu29573
10-04-2010, 02:55 PM
By far and away, Stitch!!!

plutosnana
Monster Laugh floor, its always repeatedly playing the same clip! OVER and OVER!!

:goofy

BrerGnat
I voted for Stitch. I HATE that character.

I don't particularly love the speedway, but my 4 year old son thinks it's just about the best thing since sliced bread. There will always be a market for a ride that allows a preschooler to "drive" a racecar, no matter where you put it.

Do I think it belongs in Tomorrowland? No.

Do I think it's a valuable attraction. Yes.

Ian
10-04-2010, 03:50 PM
I voted for Stitch.

I don't particularly love the speedway, but my 4 year old son thinks it's just about the best thing since sliced bread. There will always be a market for a ride that allows a preschooler to "drive" a racecar, no matter where you put it.

Do I think it belongs in Tomorrowland? No.

Do I think it's a valuable attraction. Yes.:ditto:

laprana
10-04-2010, 05:17 PM
This was a no-brainer for me...Stitch! :ack: The Speedway is nowhere near being one of my favorite attractions, but I'd rather drive around in those little go karts all day than sit through even 1 minute of the Stitch attraction!

darthmacho
10-04-2010, 05:25 PM
I went with the Speedway. I don't find anything appealing about it at all.

kakn7294
10-04-2010, 06:18 PM
I don't necessarily find anything attractive about the Speedway either but kids do and mine loved it when they were little. None of us can stand Stitch though so that gets my vote. I kinda like Astro Orbiter but we never ride it as the wait is always ridiculously long and it's hard for me to get in and out of those rockets. I do enjoy the view from up there though.

mousetrapper
10-04-2010, 06:39 PM
I think Speedway is one of those "old school" attractions that just has a nostalgic quality that still makes it appealing to me.

Our entire family of four can't stand Stitch, never could understand the appeal and we all think the ride is just gross and a waste of time. But I try not to disparage it too much because obviously some people really like Stitch and the ride -- little boys? -- otherwise why would it still be around?? I'm sure Disney has studied that thoroughly and has a a very good reason for keeping Stitch around.

JerseyDad
10-04-2010, 07:09 PM
...STITCH!!! ARRRRGH!!! 20 minutes of my life that I'll never get back!!! It's the 2nd worst WDW attraction ever....with the Country Bears thing topping the list!!

....the Speedway is...slow moving.....and sometimes slow loading......BUT...it really embodies the essence of the Classic Disneyland. I couldn't for the life of me ever want to see it go away.

badkitty
10-04-2010, 10:11 PM
I voted for Stitch. I liked the concept up until the time Stitch "escape". The bouncing and belching just wasn't fun or entertaining. I guess I'm too old to appreciate it!

Hazmat
10-05-2010, 01:56 AM
I voted the speedway as I don't think it fits in any land, its out on a limb somewhere between fantasy land and tomorrow land. Plus the fact that its slow loading!

LVT
10-05-2010, 07:09 AM
I can see that the cars for younger kids are enchanting. I agree that a major overhaul is needed. Electric cars that mimic the noise at a lower volume would be a vast improvement to my nose and probably the environment. I thought WDW tried to be green?

grumpyguy
10-05-2010, 07:11 AM
I voted for buzz.Strictly due to the fact it's so tough to see the little red laser dot to hit the targets.
If there was a way to make it more visible,my vote would be for stitch.Bring back the alien theme!!:thumbsup:

crltkcagle
10-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Speedway! Theres nothing tomorrow about it. I don't mind the ride its the waiting in line in the hot sun sucking in those horrible gas fumes! Gives me a headache every time!

Twilight
10-05-2010, 10:55 AM
I voted for thr Speedway, but with Stitch a very close second. The speedway has nothing to do with Tomorrowland, and is in need of an update. I always thought they could turn the cars into Cars from the Pixar movie, and maybe that would be more enjoyable for everyone. And I personally just do not like the Stitch ride.

Stu29573
10-05-2010, 12:25 PM
I have never really thought the Speedway cars should become the movie Cars. Why? Because it has nothing to do with Tomorrowland! I think they should make them Jetson-esque bubble topped rides that zip around on electric motors about 2-3 times as fast as they do now. The steering should be better as well... Now THAT would be cool!

Gator
10-05-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm with the majority here. Alien Encounter used to be fun and scary. Not it's more like a kid ride, only you have to be a really tall kid to enjoy it. So it's really a waste of space now.

Granny Jill A
10-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Speedway gets my vote. Noisy, stinky, polluting, harmful to all living things and CM's, boring, and not worth the long wait.

PopeCharming
10-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Speedway, on multiple grounds:

-Generates too much noise
-Takes up far too much real estate in the park itself
-The least comfortable queue in the Magic Kingdom (which is really saying something)

brownie
10-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Astro Orbiter got my vote. Imagine if our tomorrows just featured spinning in circles! Speedway was a close second for me.

Disney Doll
10-05-2010, 02:36 PM
I'd like to see the Speedway get some TLC by way of a renovation (futuristic theme, less smog & noise pollution). However, I would not be sad to see Stitch gone for good. I would never in a million years vote out Carousel of Progress, but DH & I were noticing how vacant it usually is on our last trip. Seems like a prime target if they ever need room for something new.

DisneyDoug2
10-05-2010, 04:50 PM
stich

mainemajor
10-06-2010, 07:58 PM
While I hate Stitch and think the speedway has outlived its usefulness or enjoyment, I voted for COP. It is so outdated and corny. The only thing it has going for it is it is air conditioned

elmjimmlm
10-06-2010, 09:03 PM
After all the work and refurbishments on everything, why the Indy Speedway so behind the times? There could be so many things done to this to make it better IMO...

hubbyofadisneyholic
10-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Speedway without a doubt in my book!!
Giant waste of a LOT of space.
I don't know if electric cars would be feasible, but if it can't be given a major rehab it should get a permanent pit stop.

pixiedustct
10-06-2010, 09:22 PM
It was a top up between Stitch and the Speedway for me but I went for the speedway since you can ride those types of cars at nearly every other amusement park! When I go to disney, I want something different! Maybe if they reworked or refurbed the speedway I would be pushed the other way.....

baldburke
10-06-2010, 09:33 PM
I don't know that there's any "worst" Tomorrowland attraction, most have sentimental value. The two that most have mentioned could certainly use some re-work. A new high tech Cars race track would be great!

disneymom2000
10-06-2010, 10:01 PM
I was thinking Speedway was the worst. Most of us voting are adults so we don't see the thrill that the kids do. But it just seems like a lame ride compared to most of the rides at Disney.

tiggerbuddy
10-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Another vote for Speedway/:ack:

Joannelet
10-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Stitch gets my vote for sure! I skip over it now...such a waste of time... Alien encounter was so much better....but I know the scare factor didn't go over well in MK....I understand....but it is really boring now.
I remember loving the Speedway when I was little. I mean when can you get to drive your own car at 5 years old? :)
I do agree that it needs some major upgrades....it has needed it for YEARS. I know once when I was younger my dad who was in the car in front of me had to be pushed the whole way around by ME since his car broke down midway....
So yes those cars need a little more oomph to them and they need to stop emitting toxins into the air...ugh the smell.

Laughin' place
10-07-2010, 01:37 PM
I think Speedway is in the wrong place, but still not the 'worst". I think its a "Dumbo", where adults have a hard time finding the appeal as adults, and may have forgotten how much a child loves the attraction. My boys and I all loved the Speedway when we were young.
I like Stitch. There, I said it.
The ride isnt great, but I think its "over-hated".
Astro Orbiter is fun to look at, but a slow loader and not much of a ride. It gets my vote, for lacking in excitement, novelty, and themeing.:stitch:

xo0ally
10-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Tomorrowland speedway is a very close second.