PDA

View Full Version : Zawadi's 2 week safari 18 Sep - 02 Oct (Part 1)

Zawadi
10-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Package details: 14 nights/15 days in Yacht Club with standard DDP and 14-day ultimate hopper pass.

Sat 18 Sep
Up at 4am (UK time). Got ready, locked up and waited to be collected at 7am to be taken to London Gatwick airport. The journey got off to a bad start with an earlier fatal crash closing the motorway resulting in our driver having to take the back roads.
The flight, Virgin Atlantic VS15 a 747-400, pushed back 10 minutes late. We were in premium economy on the upper deck. Our habit is to reset watches as soon as we get on board – so back they go by 5 hours. During the flight we watched "A-Team" and "Shrek 3"
We landed at Orlando International airport at 5:13pm. We were 10th through immigration, collected our bags then the car, a Chrysler 300 and drove to Yacht Club via 528 and I-4 arriving 6:40pm.
The walk from the lobby to our room seamed to take forever. The room was on the 1st floor in the corner to the right of the Yacht Club’s marina. The water-view room overlooked the marina and the jetty to the Lighthouse. Opened the fridge to find the remains of a chocolate cake and cheese cake. - YUK!! A quick 'phone calll soon had it sorted. We soon discovered our “private” entrance on staircase 1.
Unpacked then walked around the Boardwalk, stopping off to watch IllumNations from the bridge between Boardwalk and International Gateway.
Got our resort mugs and filled them and put them in the fridge overnight.
A long day – 22 hours!

Sun 19 Sep
Got our drinks out of the fridge to find that they had frozen solid :)
In EPCoT for the 9am rope-drop. We headed straight to Soarin’, got a FP then entered the 10 min stand-by line. Breakfast in Sunshine Seasons, got another Soarin’ FP and rode it again. This was then followed by Mission Space (Green), Maelstrom, Segway experience (5 mins with a CM to catch you) and a walk around World Showcase ending up relaxing in Stromalong Bay.
Dinner was at 5:40 in Le Cellier (Cup of Ceddar Cheese soup, Veal, Beef Fillet Mignion, Mousecake and Chocolate-on-chocolate whiskey cake washed down with a Mousehead beer).
Off to Magic Kingdom for evening EMH via Soarin’ then the monorail. In MK we rode, HM, BTM, PoC and JC (1st time in dark).

Mon 20 Sep
8am EMH at Animal Kingdom: 3x Safari, 2x EE, Primeval Whirl, both walking treks.
Counter service lunch at Yak ‘n’ Yetti (Honey Chicken).
Back to the Yacht Club and relaxed in its pool and hot tub.
Dinner at 5pm in Chefs De France where we hoped to see Remy at 5:30. However, we were told that he wasn’t coming out :(.
Then off to evening EMH at DHS. TSMM had a 70 min wait. After 3x ToT (one ride was funny with the CM standing in front of an empty car and said "pick your seat!" and sent the car off with only 3 occupants) and a GMR the jet-lag caught up with us – time for bed!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Sounds like a good start

faline
10-04-2010, 12:26 PM
You're off to a very nice start! Isn't it wonderful knowing you have lots of vacation time ahead of you?!

badkitty
10-04-2010, 12:55 PM
WOW! You packed a lot of fun in so far! Sounds like a wonderful trip so far.

What did you think of the Chrysler 300? I was upgraded once on a business trip and really enjoyed driving that car.

Ropachs
10-04-2010, 01:27 PM
You had me at "14-day ultimate hopper pass." :number1:
What was the 5 minute segway experience? Never heard of it...do you make a reservation or something??

RedSoxFan
10-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Off to a great start with so many more days to go.:mickey:

Zawadi
10-04-2010, 02:35 PM
You had me at "14-day ultimate hopper pass." :number1:
What was the 5 minute segway experience? Never heard of it...do you make a reservation or something??

The "14-day ultimate hopper pass" is the UK name given to the 14-day hopper that includes the 4 main parks, 2 water parks and Disney Quest

The Segway experience is in Innoventions West and, whilst we were there, ran from 1pm until Innoventions closed. It's the training area for the "Segway around the World" tour and it's just a turn up and try thing

KylesMom
10-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Great beginnings! That sure is a long travel day, though. Sounds like crowds have so far been kind & you've been moving right along. Time for a rest soon?! :D Looking forward to your next installment! :mickey:

Zawadi
10-04-2010, 05:30 PM
WOW! You packed a lot of fun in so far! Sounds like a wonderful trip so far.

What did you think of the Chrysler 300? I was upgraded once on a business trip and really enjoyed driving that car.

I'm used to driving cars with a much firmer suspension setup, and in the UK driving faster on smaller roads compared to those in the USA. I found the 300 a little unstable in that it rolled especially on the bends in some of the I-4's on/off ramps. I'm 6ft and found that even with the seat as low as possible I had to stay well back from the stop line at lights so that I could see the overhead set of lights.

Ropachs
10-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Thanks for that tidbit on the segway, have to add it to our list!

badkitty
10-04-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm used to driving cars with a much firmer suspension setup, and in the UK driving faster on smaller roads compared to those in the USA. I found the 300 a little unstable in that it rolled especially on the bends in some of the I-4's on/off ramps. I'm 6ft and found that even with the seat as low as possible I had to stay well back from the stop line at lights so that I could see the overhead set of lights.

How fast were you going around the curves?!? Just kidding. :mickey:

Zawadi
10-05-2010, 05:28 AM
How fast were you going around the curves?!? Just kidding. :mickey:

Never exceeded the limits as I've no intention of being pulled over by an armed traffic cop.

T-Belle
10-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Sounds like a great start....off to read more!

Joannelet
10-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Yay!! :0) wow you got to enjoy many rides over and over again!! THat is a bonus!! How were the crowds and wait times on rides?

Suz36
10-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Great trip so far! You've accomplished so much already, and still have so much time! And you're managing some relaxation in there too - wow!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Great start.... moving to the post #2!:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
10-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

vizsla
10-13-2010, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the report.