PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed with Disney's Website

RBrooksC
10-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Ok, my last name can be considered "vulgar" in certain circumstances. It is spelled "Cocks." I am sure the filter on here will have a field day with that. Anyway, I tried to get a D23 Membership since there are exclusive things I can buy being a member that my wife would love for Christmas.

Anyway, I discovered today that I cannot update my Disney Store website account, personalize anything nor purchase anything on the web without the help of a customer service agent.

She and her supervisor are going to have to go into the account and fix everything to get it through their system.

The CSA was fantastic and extremely helpful. I couldn't have asked for more. But, the whole thing is annoying because I have to do two or three extra steps to be able to purchase anything on The Disney Store website.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
10-04-2010, 12:07 PM
You could always change your name. Just kidding! I'm sure that can get frustrating, but it is a family company, so they have to protect themselves sometimes.

badkitty
10-04-2010, 12:47 PM
So sorry for the hassle you have to go through. I always wondered about how the filters worked when it is a legitimate spelling of a name.

RBrooksC
10-04-2010, 02:52 PM
I have no problem with the filter. The problem I see is there is no good work-around. Fine, I have to call a CSA. I can accept that. What I don't like is the fact that a Supervisor cannot over-ride something like that when everything in legit.

brownie
10-05-2010, 02:40 PM
That's a tough spot to be in. You'd think they'd be able to put a permanent override in for you once they've been through this the first time.