PDA

View Full Version : Doing things you haven't done for a while

lovinmesomedisney
10-04-2010, 10:26 AM
We go to DW every year, and sometimes twice a year. My kids are older now, the youngest 14, so we tend to skip a lot of the things that we have done in the past. We took little kids with us on this last trip, and I have to say, I quite enjoyed things like Dumbo and the Magic Carpets. Forgot how fun some things can still be. We also did some of the shows we haven't gone to in a while. Indiana Jones was quite enjoyable because we hadn't done that one in several years.

Are there things you haven't done in a while, and might give a try next time you go?

Ms. Mode
10-04-2010, 11:20 AM
On our second trip to WDW we went into the Country Bear Jamboree, our DD (15 yrs at the time) loved it..so we go back every trip. One thing we haven't done is the Tiki Room...so our New Year's trip she (DD..now 20 yrs) has put this on the schedule because she HAS to see it. :mickey:

brivers222
10-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Ah see the Tiki room is a must for fiancee... and because of that i have also scheduled in her attendance to the country bear jamboree ;)

LauraF
10-04-2010, 11:40 AM
We haven't done the dumbo ride in years, so we are planning to do that for fun! As well, we are planning on sitting and watching the fountain show at Epcot again. I forgot how much fun it was until I caught it crossing the plaza last time.

DisneyFr33k
10-04-2010, 11:43 AM
On our second trip to WDW we went into the Country Bear Jamboree, our DD (15 yrs at the time) loved it..so we go back every trip. One thing we haven't done is the Tiki Room...so our New Year's trip she (DD..now 20 yrs) has put this on the schedule because she HAS to see it. :mickey:

We were so excited to see this... but it is "under new management" and we HATED the new show. I hope either it has changed or you like the "new management".

CU Tiger
10-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Since we have been to DW so many times, we usually have extra time remaining (except at Epcot). During this extra time we might go on a ride or do a show that we usually skip. Sometimes is brings back old memories and sometime it reminds us of why we skip it!:mickey:

jensantuit
10-04-2010, 01:37 PM
When we got back in December, we are going to bring our boys over to Tom Sawyers Island. For some reason, we just never make it over there. We said we were going to do it during our Aug/ Sept trip but never made it over.
We are also going to do the Kim Possible Adventure at Epcot during our upcoming trip. I think that our boys 6 and 4 would love to do this.
:mickey:

2MuchWDFun
10-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Ah see the Tiki room is a must for fiancee... and because of that i have also scheduled in her attendance to the country bear jamboree ;)

I like the way you think! My husband really enjoys the Tiki Room and I like Country Bears...we didn't get to either last year, so we've decided that we'll each sit through both this time!

johnO
10-04-2010, 04:25 PM
We rode Dumbo last year for the first time in a long time.

TheVBs
10-05-2010, 08:21 AM
We always have our must do list and there are things that rotate on and off it depending on how long it's been since we've done it. And of course, I'm always amazed at how much we've never done even once.

As a side note, I didn't realize that Splash Mountain was only added in the early '90s! That's one of those rides that I'd assumed had been there since the park opened. We did go in the '70s when I was little, but that's not a ride I would have gotten on, so I wouldn't have noticed.

wdwfansince75
10-05-2010, 10:01 AM
On almost every trip, there is something we missed...couldn't fit it in to the schedule, not operating while we were there, almost time for an ADR...whatever the reason, we missed something almost every trip....Sometimes, we note the missed attraction, and make it a high priority for the next trip...as with POTC and HM refurbs....
But for the most part, it is a spontaneous visit...Hadn't done the World Showcase movies for several trips, and entered EPCOT via International Gateway...so did the movie in France...and decided to follow it up with the Canadian, and then the Chinese movies....
Or sometimes, it is just a casual comment from one of the kids or grandkids...Like affection station, or the two AK trails...Know it is Notazu, but I love Zu's! And were it a zu, it would be a great one!
Oh, and with the age spread of our clan, there is always someone who is "Just the right age!" for something we haven't done since one of the others was that age. Like the Barnstormer with DGS#4 on the last trip. Or the T. Spin at AK with him. Several times.
Realized as I wrote this that it was 14 years ago that I did Indiana Jones with DGS#1, (then six, now, a deployed Army Ranger). It was his favorite attraction, and we did it together on several other trips. Didn't do IJ on last several trips, since he was the one who usually suggested it, and wasn't with us on those trips.

crltkcagle
10-05-2010, 10:01 AM
I honestly wish I could say that but my DH makes us do everything at least once on our trips. He's a crazy person! LOL :D

brownie
10-05-2010, 02:10 PM
It's been 7 years since we were at Walt Disney World; it's all something we haven't done in a while!

Gator
10-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Ever since we had kids, I've not been able to go on Mission:Space. I loved that ride. I wonder now if I'd get too dizzy on it to have a good time?

Also, it's been 6 years since I've seen Flights of Wonder at AK. I really enjoyed it and I'm not sure why we haven't gone back the past three trips. Thinks I'll put that one on the priority list.

lovinmesomedisney
10-05-2010, 09:19 PM
I honestly wish I could say that but my DH makes us do everything at least once on our trips. He's a crazy person! LOL :D

He sounds like a fun person, actually. There are some things I just can't bring myself to do though. Stitch is one of them and the tree house is another. They just have no appeal whatsoever to me.

lovinmesomedisney
10-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Ever since we had kids, I've not been able to go on Mission:Space. I loved that ride. I wonder now if I'd get too dizzy on it to have a good time?

Also, it's been 6 years since I've seen Flights of Wonder at AK. I really enjoyed it and I'm not sure why we haven't gone back the past three trips. Thinks I'll put that one on the priority list.

Well, I don't know how old or young you are, but I turned 50 in April and I went on Mission Space while there in April celebrating my bday, and again just a couple weeks ago. No problem. :mickey: Maybe you should give it a try.

SandmanGStefani24
10-05-2010, 11:19 PM
gonna ride Splash Mountain for the first time in about 15 years in a few weeks!

:coaster:

Kathy Jetson
10-06-2010, 12:43 AM
I haven't been on the Riverboat or Space Mountain since 1989. I'm doing both this month!

clausjo
10-06-2010, 04:32 PM
We were just at the MK on Friday and did Hall of Presidents for the first time in a very long time and both my kids (11 and 8) loved it. We also did the treehouse, something we do from time to time and always enjoy when we do. I wanted to do the Carosel of Progress, but son vetoed it. Next time!

johnO
10-06-2010, 05:30 PM
We havent done tiki room in a while either....

finaldynasty
01-10-2011, 06:58 PM
We have not been to the tiki room in our last two trips. We were seated during our last trip in 2010 but about 2 mins before the show began my DD 3 informed me she had to potty....until next time.

We have not be to the lion king show in a while or the backlot tour either.
:mickey:

edwards2301
01-10-2011, 09:16 PM
We visited the Tiki Room last summer. This was always one that we would skip. My dd (6) and I love to listen to our DW cd in the car and she loves the Tiki Birds song. So she asked that we visit the Tiki Room. It was enjoyed by all members of our family.:mickey:

kemps@wdw
01-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Stop...and smell the roses! Explore the countries a little more thoroughly.