PDA

View Full Version : wedding tickets

sonkist32
10-04-2010, 09:36 AM
any idea of the kind of discount park tickets you can get when you are going to a wedding on property?

Joannelet
10-04-2010, 09:43 AM
No discounts on park tickets..only for room when staying for a wedding.

DizneyRox
10-04-2010, 10:43 AM
No discounts on park tickets..only for room when staying for a wedding.
Really? This must be a newish policy, we were able to offer tickets for our wedding going on 10 years ago, and many more recently have mentioned they did as well. It may be the size of the wedding makes a difference?

With our, they were pretty well discounted, definitly more than the normal AAA or other discounter ticket prices. BUT, they are time limited as well. I think it's usually like a week before and a week after, or there abouts.

There are also packages that weren't normally offered, like a 2 day park hopper. This was before the whole MYW ticket price increase however. Now you can pretty much do whatever options you want, which I guess is a step towards the better.

BrerGnat
10-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Yeah, they do discount the tickets somewhat, but they need to be purchased in advance, through the wedding department. Ask the bride/groom for information...

Joy2theworld
10-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Our guests were not offered any discounts on park tickets only hotel rooms. We would have saved a lot of money as we purchased tickets for many family members. This was five years ago.

DizneyRox
10-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Our guests were not offered any discounts on park tickets only hotel rooms. We would have saved a lot of money as we purchased tickets for many family members. This was five years ago.

How many guests? Intimate Wedding? We had 40+ guests at ours, like I said, maybe the type/size of the wedding puts it into a different category.

Joannelet
10-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Was just at my brother in laws wedding last July. They did NOT offer any discount on park tickets.....just a small discount on the room.
I helped plan their wedding.....
There was definitely no discounts. They also had a big wedding over 100 guests.