PDA

View Full Version : Q re: park tickets for F&W marathon participants...

Dsnygirl
10-04-2010, 03:06 AM
This question is for anyone who participated in Epcot's Wine & Dine Half Marathon this past wknd, and who also bought tickets for the parks.

I thought I had heard that there were "discounted park tickets" for participants. Can anyone verify this, and if so, tell me what the cost was?? I have searched everywhere for this information, and can't seem to find it.

Thanks!!

Melanie
10-04-2010, 06:39 AM
Blythe, we took part, but of course we didn't buy tickets. That said, I read through all the materials and don't recall anywhere it said discount tickets were available.

A Big Kid
10-04-2010, 07:29 PM
The confusion may come from the fact that for 2011, participants who run the full marathon and wear their medal to the park the next day (monday) get free entry.

Dsnygirl
10-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the replies... I just thought I remembered seeing on the ESPN marathon site mention of discounted tickets, underneath where they listed the participating hotels and their discounted room rates. I may be wrong, and of course, anything that was listed prior to the event is now gone. I also remember people on the boards saying that any discount was equal to what was out there if you bought tickets separately, like through our sponsor -- so I'm guessing we'd just go that route, anyway.

But thanks for the answers! :thanks:

wildernesslady
10-05-2010, 03:29 PM
My friend just ran it this past weekend. I remember her saying she got a discounted pass on the race site. I think it's disney endurance or something like that. We have been to many marathons before and this was the first time she noticed this.