PDA

View Full Version : Any Barnstormer Updates?

Gator
10-03-2010, 06:25 PM
My kids are huge fans of Goofy's Barnstormer. I've hear that it may get a makeover. I'm just wondering if there's any word on it going down anytime soon. My trip is the last 7 days of January, so I've got my fingers crossed.

TheVBs
10-03-2010, 06:34 PM
In the guide I just bought for 2011, it mentions that all of Toontown will out of commission for the year. It does mention the retheming and that some areas will be ready by 2012 and all of it done some time in 2013. Hopefully it's wrong and you'll still get to ride it in Jan.

johnO
10-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Seems I heard somewhere that it would be re-themed, and one of the few things left over from ToonTown Fair.

Melanie
10-03-2010, 07:31 PM
We discussed this very thing in our inaugural podcast this past week. :D Seems the latest word is "The Great Goofini" to keep with the Dumbo/circus theme.

As for it going down, still nothing concrete from Disney, but think it's pretty clear that Toontown is the next area for major work to commence.

finaldynasty
10-04-2010, 09:03 PM
My DF were in the park this summer and since then all the PPs are dead on. We are going to skip next year and go back in 2012 to hopefully catch some of the new additions and check out the new Star Tours which will be a year old by then.

Gator
10-05-2010, 12:41 PM
My DF were in the park this summer and since then all the PPs are dead on. We are going to skip next year and go back in 2012 to hopefully catch some of the new additions and check out the new Star Tours which will be a year old by then.

That was my plan - to go back in 2012 when everything is finished. But two things came up.

1. Free Dining - couldn't pass on $940 in savings.

2. My wife wants another kid, so we better go now before we have to take a 2 year hiatus.