PDA

View Full Version : Just back from BLT

PETE FROM NYC
10-02-2010, 05:47 PM
DW and I just returned from our first DVC vacation, at BLT from 9/14-9/24. We had a handicapped room, #9712, a 1 BR with a lake view. It was right above the tennis court, with a partial MK view. The first day, I almost fell in the toilet due to very slick floor tiles, but I think that situation will improve as the floor gets broken in. She loved the fact that she could do laundry in the room every few days,therefore not having to pack as many clothes. We were mostly happy with the room. One sugestion that we would make to the Disney Company is that for handicapped rooms, an automatic door would make it much easier for people using ECVs.
One thing that I noticed was that the area around the tennis court was populated by upwards of sixty hawks, either hanging around or soaring.

faline
10-02-2010, 07:08 PM
We stayed at Bay Lake Tower for the first time at the end of July. I don't recall our room number but I think we were on the same floor. We were in a studio and had booked a lake view and but had a very nice view of the Magic Kingdom as well. Although not a requirement for us, we were also in an accessible room. I do recall that the floor in the bathroom was extremely slippery and remember commenting to my husband that it was a good thing we are able-bodied as that floor certainly would not have been good for anyone who could walk but had mobility and/or balance issues! I seem to think though, that it was not an issue with the floor tiles but more with the cleaning product they were using on those tiles. It was not as slippery when we first got there.