PDA

View Full Version : Pal Mickey

NJGIRL
10-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Does anyone know if Pal Mickey still works in the parks? We haven't used it many, many years since my son is too old for it, but we are taking my 5 year old niece in November and she would love it. I just don't want to take it with us if they stopped the program.

DizneyRox
10-03-2010, 12:00 PM
From previous posts, I think he still triggers, but he doesn't update which means he should be way out of date.

Mine had been relegated to the collectible shelves. Another empty promise from Disney that you could bring him back year after year and he would continue to work...

Polynesian Dweller
10-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Mine had been relegated to the collectible shelves. Another empty promise from Disney that you could bring him back year after year and he would continue to work...
They were never promised to work in perpetuity. And they do still work! They just don't add new info. But the attractions haven't changed much since 2008 and things like the afternoon parade have been at 3:00 pm forever. Not quite empty promise yet and to go back to my starting point, why would anyone expect more than 5 years (2003-2008) out of any electronics much less the 7 years it is now.

MickeysEars
10-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Mine didn't work in 2009, we carried it around and it never went off. My daughter kept pushing the hand and it just told jokes.

NJGIRL
10-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the info. We won't bother to bring it with us since I like to pack light.

SuzieBell
10-04-2010, 01:13 PM
We took ours in 2008 and it was updated and worked! I was told there would be no more updates. We'll just use ours to decorate our room window next year!!