PDA

View Full Version : Would you consider a child in a highchair to be a 5th guest?

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-01-2010, 02:36 PM
For payment or DDP purposes our youngest DD is obviously a 5th guest as she's 3 years old. At home and at most restaraunts, as she is still a little peanut, we usually have her sit in a high chair as it is the most convenient.

Here's my question. When I go to Disney's online dining reservation system it asks how many guests. It's my DW and 3 DD so I've been naturally selecting 5 guests (and just happened to notice the disclaimer "party may be seated at two tables!"). What I've been wondering, is it acceptable to select 4 guests if one will be in a high chair?

The main reason for doing this is that I'm thinking the likelihood for a table for 4 might open more than a table for 5. And right now, for the last week of Nov - 1st week of December, not a lot of tables available out there for 4 or 5. But I'm trying to increase my odds of getting an ADR.

What do you think?

MNNHFLTX
10-01-2010, 02:43 PM
I can't remember--is there a spot on the online reservations page to put in special requests, etc.? If so and if they show that they have seating available for a party of 5, I would just go ahead and book the 5. That disclaimer probably applies more to larger parties, not a family of 5 and I'm sure when you show up at the restaurant they will be able to seat you together (I know I've travelled with parties of 5 or 6 and have never been split up).

SBETigg
10-01-2010, 03:20 PM
I think she counts as a full-fledged guest for seating purposes because the high chair takes up the same amount of table space as a legitimate seat at the table. They can't seat you at a table that only seats four because there would be no actual spot for the high chair. They use the "your party might be split" disclaimer but it's not going to happen if you're a family of four with a child in a high chair- it's just a standard disclaimer. Also, I think they have to know the actual number of expected guests for fire code purposes, don't they?

Strmchsr
10-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Yep. She counts as a full guest. That's for fire code purposes. You'll need to put 5 on the ADR.

Joannelet
10-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Yes there are some tables that cannot accomodate high chairs so it is definitely counted as a 5th guest etc. (fire restrictions etc.)

lynnek
10-01-2010, 08:04 PM
We got this too! I was reassured when talking with Disney on the phone, that this was a general disclaimer. My husband was quite amused and asked if we could have an adults table and a kids table.

MinniesMom
10-01-2010, 08:49 PM
I wish, LOL!

My husband was quite amused and asked if we could have an adults table and a kids table.

DizneyRox
10-03-2010, 12:06 PM
When making a reservation at ANY restaurant, could the number of heads that will be walking in the door with you and that's your number. Regardless of how much/little they eat, which menu they will be ordering from (if any), etc.

Also be prepared to have the 18% surgharge added when the number of heads is greater than 5. Again, regardless of if all them order off the menu or not.

TheRustyScupper
10-03-2010, 09:26 PM
1) At home, a high chair is an extra person at the table.
2) Then, the same applies to restaurants.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-04-2010, 01:33 PM
1) At home, a high chair is an extra person at the table.

Not really, we just ignor her:D

Just kidding. Unfortunately I'm running into so many walls trying to find decent ADR's that I'm trying to find anything that will increase the likehood of getting something decent. So far still no luck getting into Ohana, Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare or the Hoop De Doo. Even if I was to have my family eat at 9:30pm there still is no availability.

r4kids
10-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Not really, we just ignor her:D

Just kidding. Unfortunately I'm running into so many walls trying to find decent ADR's that I'm trying to find anything that will increase the likehood of getting something decent. So far still no luck getting into Ohana, Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare or the Hoop De Doo. Even if I was to have my family eat at 9:30pm there still is no availability.

We are there the same week, I am a bit worried over the lack of available ressies and it being SUPER crowded. I have made all mine but like to check and there's not alot left :confused:

brownie
10-05-2010, 02:46 PM
I'd call to verify. The high chair is still probably taking a chair space. The party of 5 is tough if you are looking at being split between 2 tables.

Good luck, I hope you're able to work it out.