PDA

View Full Version : Carribean Beach question

Gator
09-30-2010, 05:04 PM
It looks like CSR is all booked for the free DDP, so it's either CBR or POR. And since I didn't like POR the first time, I'm going with CBR. Hopefully they're nicer than some of the recent reviews I've read.

Here's the question: where does the transport bus stop first? I've read that Jamaica is the place. However, when I was there in 2004, Martinique would always be the first drop off point coming back from the parks. I'd love to know. Thanks.

DisneyPrincess21
09-30-2010, 08:38 PM
It looks like CSR is all booked for the free DDP, so it's either CBR or POR. And since I didn't like POR the first time, I'm going with CBR. Hopefully they're nicer than some of the recent reviews I've read.

Here's the question: where does the transport bus stop first? I've read that Jamaica is the place. However, when I was there in 2004, Martinique would always be the first drop off point coming back from the parks. I'd love to know. Thanks.

I don't know what these bad review people are talking about because we had an absolutely wonderful time at CBR this past December, we enjoyed it so much we will be staying there again this December.

The buses alternate, they start at different stops depending on the driver. There isn't a set starting village.

RedSoxFan
09-30-2010, 09:21 PM
We loved CBR. Very nice resort. We were in Aruba. Sometimes we were picked up first and dropped off first. Other times we were last for pickup and drop off.

CanadaLovesDisney
09-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Just got back from over a week there in Jamaica. Its a good one to pick because if they enter the backway (which they do often) then we were first on or off. Also its not too far from old port royale =)

CleveRocks
10-01-2010, 03:05 AM
There definitely is a pattern to the buses. Buses to Magic Kingdom and buses to Downtown Disney start at Martinique. Buses to everywhere else start at Jamaica.

kakn7294
10-01-2010, 03:20 AM
There definitely is a pattern to the buses. Buses to Magic Kingdom and buses to Downtown Disney start at Martinique. Buses to everywhere else start at Jamaica.Although it's been 5 yrs since we were there, this was the case at that time. We'll be there again in January but unfortunately in Trinidad South because we wanted a Pirate room.

Gator
10-01-2010, 12:09 PM
There definitely is a pattern to the buses. Buses to Magic Kingdom and buses to Downtown Disney start at Martinique. Buses to everywhere else start at Jamaica.

That sorta makes sense. I remember it changing a lot and I couldn't figure it out on my 04 trip. Thanks for the help. Apparently, it won't matter where I stay. The bus service will change each day. What a crazy world.:blush:

Disney4us2
10-01-2010, 01:50 PM
I don't know what these bad review people are talking about because we had an absolutely wonderful time at CBR this past December, we enjoyed it so much we will be staying there again this December.

The buses alternate, they start at different stops depending on the driver. There isn't a set starting village.

How does that all work out if guests are on the bus and an ECV needs to board????

Gator
10-01-2010, 03:03 PM
How does that all work out if guests are on the bus and an ECV needs to board????

There are designated spots for ECVs on the bus. If I'm sitting in it and you need to board, for instance, I'll have to give up the seat for the ECV. It's a little different at the AllStars and Deluxe's, where the ECVer and family get to board first.

RAIDER
10-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Weve stayed there 3 times and loved every minute of our stay .
I havent a clue on the bus stops as we hired a car ,but we have stayed at Barbados ,Jamaica and Trinidad South . If your looking to be near Port Royale ( the food / gift stop ) Its best to be near Martinque ,Trinidad North or Jamaica .
Have fun :thumbsup:

rubato
10-07-2010, 10:19 AM
We loved CBR and the buses were great. We stayed in Aruba, but were closer to the Jamaica bus stop. We went there sometimes, and sometimes went to the main stop through the food court building. We only had a long wait once, which was about 15 minutes.

buzznwoodysmom
10-07-2010, 11:15 AM
We stayed at CBR in June of 2009 and again in June of 2010 and we really liked the resort. We had nothing major to complain about, nothing that couldn't have also happened at other resorts. Its a very lush, beautiful resort, and if you have kids they are going to LOVE the pool. I think my kids liked this pool as much as they liked Stormalong Bay over at the Beach Club.