PDA

View Full Version : That mood you get..when WDW is near..

plutosnana
09-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Everyone has to get that mood! The mood that WDW is very soon, even if its 7 weeks, your soo happy you want to jump and scream! (in a good way :) ) Are you getting that mood? People passing by with fresh plastic (hehehe) toys for their kids, and the smell of the school bus gas, goes to the thought of WDW bus, and the smell of the humid air from the rain, gets you thinking of a morning by the hotel! I could go on, but I shouldn't.
Are you in that mood???

:goofy:

Mitzie
09-30-2010, 03:00 PM
We will be there in 26 days!!! Right now I keep thinking of all the things that need to be done before we go...packing and such. Can't wait to be in my favorite park-Epcot...come on 26 days.

Jeri
09-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Oh yes, I know that mood. We are 15 days away, and I am going crazy just waiting for the time to hurry up!
I have a ton to do before we leave but I just want to go now.:mickey:

johnO
09-30-2010, 03:16 PM
I know what you mean. Sometime a smell will remind you of something, like the smell of POTC.
We're counting down the days. 22 Days until we head down to Port Canaveral for a 7 night cruise aboard the Magic. Then, a few days in WDW!! F&W at Epcot! We love it!

boobalk
09-30-2010, 03:34 PM
48 hrs

plutosnana
09-30-2010, 03:52 PM
48 hrs
AWESOOOMMME!!

:goofy:

Suzi Q
09-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Oh yes, that anticipatory feeling as it gets closer and closer...how about when crossing under the Walt Disney World gates when you first get there.... That's the best feeling in the world....I feel like pixie dust just wiped away all my cares in the world the second I cross under that archway!

Suzi Q

27th trip (that I paid for!) this Nov 12-21
Many trips as a kid

boobalk
09-30-2010, 03:58 PM
47 HRS:mickey:

eeyorepoohfan
09-30-2010, 04:19 PM
:joy:I get so excited and really giddy!!! I am 71 days out right now and am chomping at the bit to get there! To pass the time, I am listening to lots of Disney park music and read trip reports! I keep checking the park schedule over and over again so that I know immediately if there are any changes! I really start to get in the Disney mood when my travel packet comes in. :plane: The the most exciting time for me is when the 10 day weather outlook shows my WDW dates!!! :woohoo:

darthmacho
09-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Extremely Restless! :mickey:

JWB3
09-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Have been in that mood since I made reservations last April. We'll be there Saturday 10/2 by noon - yahoo! The weather in Saratoga Springs NY is wet and almost tropical today, thanks to the storms moving up the coast, so it's starting to feel like FL already - 41.5 hours, but who's counting??

disneymom2000
09-30-2010, 04:41 PM
48 hrs

47 HRS:mickey:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I am so jealous.

brivers222
09-30-2010, 06:19 PM
I get into the mood of not wanting to be at work anymore!

8 days left... 5 working

Daisy'sMom
09-30-2010, 06:21 PM
27 days. :mickey:

BigRedDad
09-30-2010, 07:22 PM
A little stress? Every time. I have to be sure everything it closed out with work, all plans are set, and pack.

Once I am at the park, everything is smooth sailing.

pirateyankee80
09-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Starting to get into vacation mode, everything I do I say "dont want to get hurt .. dont want to hobble around Disney on crutches or with an arm in a sling". :ambal: Remembering all those signs that say "you cant go on this ride if you have had recent surgery, or a random act of stupidity...":spoiler: and we're 55 days away !:goofy::mjump::tigger::sulley::simba:

brownie
09-30-2010, 09:06 PM
It's the anticipation...I can't wait to get there!

lawgirl
09-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Love this post!!! We have about 70 days until our trip, and I am beside myself with excitement! Everytime I smell a bus, or an escalator, I can't stand it. I can't wait to be outside the AKL waiting for our bus to the magic! I keep chanting "we're going to disney world!!!"

DisneyPrincess21
10-01-2010, 12:10 AM
I am 62 days away!! I can't believe it is almost here, last year when we were talking about going next December it seemed so far away it made me sad. I am so thrilled and nervous that it is almost here.

I know about finding those weird random things that makes you think at WDW. We have this hand soap in our bathroom that we just got, and I swear it smells just like the mickey soap at the hotels. Every time I use it it smells like Disney. LOL crazy I know... :blush:

Hazmat
10-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Listening to ambient soundtracks from the parks whilst sleeping on the plane sets the mood for me.. :)

brivers222
10-01-2010, 08:00 AM
Starting to get into vacation mode, everything I do I say "dont want to get hurt .. dont want to hobble around Disney on crutches or with an arm in a sling". :ambal: Remembering all those signs that say "you cant go on this ride if you have had recent surgery, or a random act of stupidity...":spoiler: and we're 55 days away !:goofy::mjump::tigger::sulley::simba:

OMG that is so true... I am trying to be oh so careful right now... which may be even worse...

I was cutting the lawn and stepped in a gopher hole, i was like i better not have twisted my ankle!!

Then yesterday I was stretching at work and i felt a twinge in my lowerback... I went home and rested up so that it wouldn't turn into a pulled back...

So far so Good!

MyDisneyworld
10-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Everyday it seems like I find something that reminds me of being at Disney. From the smell of a resturant, a bus passing by or a humid day after the rain. The best is when we go to Target they have those special carts for the kids to ride in and mine will put their hands up and pretend they are on Goofy's barnstormer ride. ha ha ha
14 days and the Disney magic will come true again.:mickey:

jennsky
10-01-2010, 05:19 PM
I'll be in the kingdom 6 weeks from today! When I'm having a yucky day, seems to cheer me up knowing I'm escaping reality for a bit.

Brooklynos
10-01-2010, 06:01 PM
We are 6 weeks away and I can hardly stand it! If we didn't have things closer in time to look forward to it would be excrutiating... Plus I have some pretty big surprises in store for my DH this trip so I am extra excited!!!

Does anyone else get a little emotional when thinking about that feeling? We were watching our recording of Wishes and I about started to tear up... lol

Belster
10-01-2010, 08:48 PM
19 days and I am more overjoyed than I can describe!!!

We always go at this time of year so the smells and sights of fall in Chicago remind me of WDW!!

I feel so blessed to be able to go. :mickey:

Gator
10-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Usually I get really pumped when I'm in the planning stages. Then I'm excited when I book the trip and the airfare. Then I'm really excited when I'm getting ADRs. And then I crash for the next few months - until about two days before the trip. Then I start packing and thinking of all the fun.

Only 115 days to go. I'm in the airfare portion, so I'm still pretty excited.:D

Belster
10-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Usually I get really pumped when I'm in the planning stages. Then I'm excited when I book the trip and the airfare. Then I'm really excited when I'm getting ADRs. And then I crash for the next few months - until about two days before the trip. Then I start packing and thinking of all the fun.

Only 115 days to go. I'm in the airfare portion, so I'm still pretty excited.:D

Oh my I am exactly the same...except as you can see I posed above, I am sooo excited at 20 days out.

johnO
10-02-2010, 08:18 AM
20 Days

iheartdisney
10-02-2010, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=eeyorepoohfan;2105531I keep checking the park schedule over and over again so that I know immediately if there are any changes![/QUOTE]

A little off topic but I'm wondering - do the park schedules change that much as it gets closer to your trip? We're counting down, too (only 47 more sleeps!) and since all my ADRs are made I've stopped checking the park hours. Am I wrong to do this?

eeyorepoohfan
10-02-2010, 05:31 PM
A little off topic but I'm wondering - do the park schedules change that much as it gets closer to your trip? We're counting down, too (only 47 more sleeps!) and since all my ADRs are made I've stopped checking the park hours. Am I wrong to do this?

I like to check up until we leave. There usually isn't much change, but sometimes you will see an extension of hours. I don't think I've seen them reduce hours close to the date before. We were happily surprised to see that on one day of your trip last year, they extended Magic Kingdom hours by 2 hours right before our trip. It was a nice little surpise! I don't know how often they do this, but it never hurts to check!

Darbylew
10-02-2010, 06:04 PM
I am really in the mood!!! Going in 3 days. I
can't wait to get back in the land of Mickey and
the Magic!! º0º :mickey::D

Disney Hungarian
10-02-2010, 08:15 PM
I just finished packing. I leave in for DW in 12 hours. I am staying off property the first night to rest before. So excited. May need a beer or two to sleep. I booked a 4 night 5 day plan on property and booked an off property stay the night before and after. Since I drive 11 hours to get there. Can't wait for the "magic" to begin!

AdventurerKim
10-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Now that the weather is cooling, our trip to WDW at Thanksgiving is even more in the air than before! :mickey: Plus, I made reservations today for our next trip for F&GF so I'm doubly excited with two upcoming trips! I can't wait! :cloud9:

SandmanGStefani24
10-03-2010, 12:47 AM
about 3 weeks till i go, and im hoping that excitement will get me past my fear of flying yet again. (annoying since i have studied planes and flying for years as a hobby...isnt that weird??)

Just landing at MCO puts me in the zone...then parking at the resort to check in...and that first stroll into the room when you put down your bag and turn on the TV to hear the WDW programming...and then seeing the Micky soaps in the bathrooms! It's all great for me, and I can't wait...or can i??

Disney Hungarian
10-03-2010, 03:52 AM
I woke up at 2:30am. Just couldn't sleep. Done got the coffee brewing and I am fixing to hit the shower. I have an 11 hour drive ahead of me and I needed the sleep, yet am to anxious. Disney has that effect on me.:mickey:

TheVBs
10-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Great topic!! :mickey:

And yes, I know that mood! :D Although this is the first time we have ever booked so far in advance. We're going next Sept/Oct, so I'll have much longer to deal with that feeling than I ever have before. I'm worried I'll get a little nuts. :blush: Thankfully I was able to pick up the Birnbaum guides earlier this week. That will occupy me for awhile. :mickey:

johnO
10-03-2010, 08:03 PM
19 days and I am more overjoyed than I can describe!!!

We always go at this time of year so the smells and sights of fall in Chicago remind me of WDW!!

I feel so blessed to be able to go. :mickey:

The sights and smells of Chicago in the fall always reminded me of how miserable it was about to become in the winter. Glad I escaped that frozen tundra!

We start our DCL cruise on the 23rd!! cant wait!

brivers222
10-04-2010, 08:54 AM
I woke up at 2:30am. Just couldn't sleep. Done got the coffee brewing and I am fixing to hit the shower. I have an 11 hour drive ahead of me and I needed the sleep, yet am to anxious. Disney has that effect on me.:mickey:

lol thats going to totally be me on friday except with an 18hour drive :)

Right now I know this week is going to drag, i only have 4 work days (well today is half over so 3-1/2) left until we go!!!!!

BraddyB
10-04-2010, 09:41 AM
I feel bad for anyone in the airport with me on monday.....I am going to be wired on coffee !!!! 4 More work days....

DisneyFr33k
10-04-2010, 11:21 AM
19 more days until we go!!!!!!

:cloud9: :joy:

Ms. Mode
10-04-2010, 11:29 AM
We are 13 weeks away. Last week my DD and I were walking across the church parking lot at 9am and she said the weather/air reminded her of early morning at WDW. :number1:

MariMouse
10-04-2010, 11:33 AM
12 DAYS!!!! We're taking the grandkids for a week! Can't wait to drive under the sign!

ANG
10-04-2010, 01:05 PM
We have less than 2 months and my excitement is mounting :mickey:

disneykid99
10-04-2010, 05:01 PM
YES! I am in the mood and want to shout is from the roof tops but I cannot because this year is it a TOTAL suprise for our kids. It is so hard to not be planning and talking about it with them. We'll be there in two weeks. Thanks for the post - allowing me to share that I am in the mood. :mickey:

Carolanne
10-06-2010, 07:51 PM
The minute I get my final payment reminder from MJ, I get super-giddy :mickey: about my upcoming trip. Our trip is 41 days away and it can't come soon enough! I'm hoping my morning sickness is gone by then, so I can really enjoy our ADRs :D

brivers222
10-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Ahhhhhhh we leave in 24 hours.... 2 hours left of work.... can barely stand it!!!!!

TheVBs
10-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Even with the trip nearly a year off, the girls are already saying things like, "When we get to Disney World, I want to..." :mickey:

xo0ally
10-07-2010, 02:31 PM
The days before are so exciting me for me. All i can do is eat drink and sleep Disney. Then i get a little stressed knowing i have to pack and get stuff put together.

BraddyB
10-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Extremely anxious....1 more work day to go and then its time to get everything packed up. These next couple days are going to bad !!!

AndyMan
10-07-2010, 04:55 PM
With my family, it's more exciting than the approach of any holiday

disneymom2000
10-07-2010, 06:19 PM
I am 62 days away!! I can't believe it is almost here, last year when we were talking about going next December it seemed so far away it made me sad. I am so thrilled and nervous that it is almost here.

I know about finding those weird random things that makes you think at WDW. We have this hand soap in our bathroom that we just got, and I swear it smells just like the mickey soap at the hotels. Every time I use it it smells like Disney. LOL crazy I know... :blush:

I know what you mean. I booked in February for my December trip and now it is only 61 days away. I'm getting pretty excited about the planning now.:geek: