PDA

View Full Version : Not getting Park Hoppers... have ??

angel2931
09-29-2010, 09:27 PM
My DH and I are not going to get Park Hoppers for our trip in Feb. We figured with our 2 yo DS, we would just stick to 1 park each day. This may change as we get closer, but for now I have a question.

Can we leave whatever park we choose for the day and return to that same park later? I was thinking of making our ADR's at resorts, this way I won't have to worry about what restaurant are in what parks and what day do we go where etc. But if I make us a lunch ADR at a resort rest, could we go to a park in the AM, leave for lunch and return to the same park later that day?

IloveDisney71
09-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Yes, you can return to that same park that same day.

wdwfansince75
09-29-2010, 09:32 PM
Yes...the basic ticket allows you to re-enter the same park multiple times on a given day.

angel2931
09-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Thanks! We may need to utilize this for napping purposes as well! :mickey:

CleveRocks
09-30-2010, 05:21 AM
There are plenty of people out there in the Disneyverse who'll say that park hopping is an absolute necessity. I'm not one of those.

However, I'm also not someone who thinks that having a young child should have to stand in the way of park hopping.

The very fact that you may return to your resort for a mid-day nap gives you MORE opportunity to park hop than a family that can go-go-go all day. Think about it ... you'll be back at your resort, so when it's time to go back for more fun, you could decide to go anywhere if you have park hopping privileges, versus having to go back to the same park because you have a base ticket.

Again, I'm not at all saying that you "should" buy the park hopping option ($104 + tax for 2 adults) ... I think you'll be perfectly fine without it ... I'm just pointing out that having a 2-year old may complement a park hopping lifestyle rather than preventing it as many people seem to think.

wdwfansince75
09-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Concur with the above! We are diehard MK and EPCOT fans, and love to hop. On almost all trips, we take breaks, and after (or for) dinner, we head to MK or EPCOT for the evening. We have had DGK's under 3 on at least 7 of our trips, so breaks and naps have been part of our planning on most trips....and PH's have been part of our planning as well.

CU Tiger
09-30-2010, 12:30 PM
I agree with the other posts, but as a note, if you have multiple days on your tickets and they are not park hopper, you can only use one ticket per day. Our family was finished with AK early one time, knew we were not going to use the last day's tickets, and decided to go to MK for the evening and just use up the last day's ticket we had remaining. They would not let us use the last day's ticket to go in. I am not sure why they would prevent us from doing this. :mickey:

renecat
09-30-2010, 01:10 PM
Adding the park hopper to a base ticket is 52.00 per ticket. The cost per day on a ticket goes down consideably with each day you add.
We were only going to have a 7 day ticket when we first planned our trip but managed to get to leave a day earlier and I think the price to add the 8th day was 5.38. That is probably why they would not let you use two tickets in one day.

joonyer
09-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Adding the park hopper to a base ticket is 52.00 per ticket. The cost per day on a ticket goes down consideably with each day you add.
We were only going to have a 7 day ticket when we first planned our trip but managed to get to leave a day earlier and I think the price to add the 8th day was 5.38. That is probably why they would not let you use two tickets in one day.

That's exactly the reason, otherwise, nobody would buy the park hopper option. Either that, or the extra day prices would go WAY up.

johnO
09-30-2010, 03:21 PM
We've done it with hopping and without. As long as you've got enough days you can see all the parks without hopping. We tend to think that you can lose so much time traveling between parks if you park-hop. But sometimes you have to.

Over the years we've taken a slowed down appoarch and try to take our time in the parks and not rush around the parks so we can hurry to the next one. We've found that you miss soo much when you do this.

disneymom2000
09-30-2010, 04:54 PM
They used to mark your hand prior to leaving the park but now with the smart card I don't think they do that anymore.

Myself - I am a definite park hopper. I agree with CleveRocks that once you leave to go to a resort you would still have the option of going to another park if you choose if you went with a park hopper.

I have to have a park hopper, because I have to go to EPCOT everyday while I am there.:rocks:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Every time my DW and I have gone down in the past we have used the park hopper and loved it. Lost count of how many times we'd see a parade in MK then book over to Epcot for Illuminations.

But, we now have 3 DD ages 3,5 & 8 and we have been debating the same dilema, especially with the difficulty in getting decent, if any, ADRs. Park hopping makes it much easier to be at MK during the day, go have a good evening meal at Epcot, then go somewhere else. We are having a lot of difficulties finding ADRs for our anticipated park days.

That all said, we still haven't been able to justify paying $250+ for 5 hoppers when we know we couldn't use them every day.

We will be doing a lot of Park - back to resort - back to park of origin and hopefully will get lucky on our dining reservations.

TinksGoofyMom
10-07-2010, 11:14 AM
We have park hopped on all 3 of our trips. Our DD was 2 1/2 on the first trip. I tend to feel confined w/o a park hopper. Some parks are better in the evening such as MK. During summer months it's very hot w/ little shade. We do parks w/ more indoor activities in the day and go to MK in the evening. It breaks it up for the younger ones and allows freedom to get on more rides when there are less people. Also if a park closes admittance due to lg crowds, you can go somewhere else. There are 6 yrs between my kids. We stay together some, swap kids and separate so we can all see what we want w/o limitations.

mainemajor
10-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks! We may need to utilize this for napping purposes as well! :mickey:

Great idea with a little one. Too many parents go, go, go without thinking about what is best for their child. You are thinking of him and I applaud you for that. I hope you have a great trip.