PDA

View Full Version : Goofy's Candy Co "Make-your-own" treats

JenSheriff
09-29-2010, 01:51 PM
HI! I was reading in another post, and they made an offhand comment that the "Make-your-own" treats at Goofy's Candy Co. (In Downtown Disney) is no longer on the DDP ?!?!?!?!?!? I always make our own rice-krispy-treats and use a snack credit... The last time we were there, June 2009, we were still allowed to do this. Does anyone know for sure if this has been taken away?:confused: I'm hoping i read the post wrong, but knowing my luck... UG!
Thanks!

Only 17 more sleeps until DISNEY!!!

tinkerbell04
09-29-2010, 02:54 PM
When we were there in June, we were allowed to use the snack credit for the marshmallows, but not the dipped fudge cookies. I did not ask about the rice kirspie treats, since I just get mine plain out of the case. I think that the prices have changed on some of those things, so the snack credits are not applicable on everything anymore :(

misspriss
09-29-2010, 05:18 PM
We were just there last week and the only thing that was on the dining plan for a snack (in the create your own section) was the marshmallows like the pp said. :-( We were a little disappointed because I like the rice krispie treats, too.

HoosierDisneyFan
09-29-2010, 06:37 PM
My son and I were there in the Spring and the "built you own" the dipped fudge cookies were no longer on the DDP. Of course that did not stop us from getting one. Just saved our snack credits for something else...

jpH/keD
10-01-2010, 05:14 PM
I have to say that I was very disappointed in Goofy's Candy Company last time we were there. We wanted to do the make your own treats but all the CMs were too busy? doing what I dont know but they acted like we were not even there and ignored us for the most part so after half an hour we left!!?? It was ridiculous! That place could be a gold mine and they are running it into the ground with bad service! We will not darken the door unless they overhaul it and I hear about it! So sorry to be negative but I dont want anyone to get their hopes up like we did and be crushed. Skip it--plenty of other things to spend your $$ on in The World!!! :(:confused::mad:

MinniesMom
10-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Bummer! One of my favorite things at DTD. Sorry to hear about the bad reviews & DP. I'll still pop in and do it during our next trip DP or not- it's become a silly little tradition.

TheVBs
10-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Never even knew you could do this! We're looking forward to trying it next year. :mickey: