PDA

View Full Version : Getting January ADRs late in the game

Gator
09-29-2010, 12:03 PM
It looks like I may be able to take a late January trip, which I didn't expect:fingers:. I know they're offering free DDP during that time. What are the odds of me getting any good ADRs this late in the game. And by good, I mean Le Cellier, Akershus Princess Lunch, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's Dinner.

mickeyman42
09-29-2010, 12:35 PM
just go to the WDW website and see for yourself what is available. You don't need to have a vacation booked to make dinner reservations, so you could go there, punch in where you would like to eat and see if its available. you wont have to book the ADR to do this.

Strmchsr
09-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Very good. I just booked an ADR for Chef Mickeys for Jan 29 yesterday. Got Le Cellier for that Tuesday on Saturday. So, it seems there are plenty of ADRs available at that time, if you're not picky about times.

Schmiv
09-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Just as an FYI - Just went to Crystal Palace for breakfast 1st week in Sept. and unfortunately was very dissappointed. Not sure if you were planning on going for breakfast or dinner but thought I would let you know.

Crystal Palace was my favorite place our trip before in 2007. Characters were fabulous and spent time with each table. :cloud9:

This visit, had to ask a Cast member 3 times to bring the Characters to see my 2 year old as they skipped our table for the entire hour and a half we were there :( (Very strange) The worst part was that every time I asked the Cast Member if they could bring Tigger or Pooh over, making sure I asked the same cast member, she would ask "how long have you been here?" I'm not sure why that mattered and it made me feel like she did not believe me that they skipped our table.

Anyhoo, that's my take on the Crystal Palace.:twocents:

Strmchsr
09-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Just as an FYI - Just went to Crystal Palace for breakfast 1st week in Sept. and unfortunately was very dissappointed. Not sure if you were planning on going for breakfast or dinner but thought I would let you know.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Hopefully that's just an aberration. CP was great, as always, on our trip back in May.

Gator
09-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Well, I've always been picky on times, but since this trip is a suprise to me, I'll be happy if I get the places I want, even at weird times.

Strmchsr
09-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Well, I've always been picky on times, but since this trip is a suprise to me, I'll be happy if I get the places I want, even at weird times.

Honestly, the times I got weren't too bad. I could pick between a 9:20 breakfast or a 6:45 supper at Chef Mickey's, but other than those two, other times were weird, and I was only looking for 2 people. At Le Cellier, though, I got a 6:20 dinner reservation, so I think you should be able to find what you want. There was even a CRT available, and that's almost unheard of at less than 180 days.

MagicalGuest
09-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Check back often for cancellations. On our trip last year, I booked Crystal Palace and 1900 Park Fare two days before arrival. Also, if there's a place you can't get an ADR for, check with the concierge at the hotel for last-minute cancellations.

Gator
09-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Hey, thanks everybody. I'm not booked for the vacation yet, but I was able to get some ressies. Only Le Cellier had no dinner times - just lunch. But I'll take it.

Strmchsr
09-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Awesome! Glad you were able to get what you wanted.