PDA

View Full Version : Dave Smith retiring :(

Joannelet
09-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Wow what a honor to have had Dave Smith answering all of our trivia questions for 40 years!!! He is retiring this month!! I cannot believe he is :( So sad!!!

Goofy4TheWorld
09-29-2010, 01:23 PM
I too was sad to see that email last night (since it is about the ONLY thing I like from the Disney Insider) but I read somewhere in the full article something that implies that he will continue to answer Ask Dave questions.

I hope so!

Joannelet
09-29-2010, 05:19 PM
I went back to read his letter to everyone and was happy that he may continue doing that....:) I hope so too!! He is too good to retire completely!!!!

magicofdisney
09-29-2010, 06:37 PM
I saw that. I wonder what retirement exactly is for him?

Is anyone else not fond of the new Disney Insider look? I much preferred the old way they did it.

Joannelet
09-29-2010, 09:04 PM
I definitely am not fond of it. I prefer the old version as well.

Goofy4TheWorld
09-29-2010, 11:04 PM
I saw that. I wonder what retirement exactly is for him?

Is anyone else not fond of the new Disney Insider look? I much preferred the old way they did it.

I assume that his "job" was office management by seeing that all new archive items get indexed, and retrieving all old items that need retrieved for various reasons. I suspect he did a lot of consulting with various project manager across the Walt Disney company, and all of that type work has been handed down to the lady the article mentioned. All, of course, pure speculation on my part.

And finally, I can't stand the new Insider layout, and usually skip reading most of it except for Ask Dave!

brownie
09-30-2010, 10:46 AM

I'm not fond of it. I wish they would lay it all out in the email.

brownie
09-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Hopefully Dave Smith stays involved in some capacity. He's the holder of a lot of knowledge about the Walt Disney Company and it's a loss to lose him in any kind of way.

Scar
09-30-2010, 02:22 PM
I for one am not sad. Voluntary retirement should be a happy occasion. Good Luck Dave! :thumbsup:

sillyolbear
09-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Hope Dave enjoys every minute of his retirement. A true Disney legend. Once was fortunate enough to get a tour of the archives and have Dave share some great stories about Disney history. Congratulations, Dave!

ShanPooh
09-30-2010, 11:57 PM
And me without my Masters of Library Science yet!
I hope he has a wonderful retirement!
I really wanted to have his job when he retired though. ;)

jpH/keD
10-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Cheers to Dave! Maybe he will go on a vacation!
I say after 40 years of hard work at a great place he deserves only the best! He is a legend and he deserves a relaxing retirement! :beer:

Joannelet
10-01-2010, 07:02 PM
I for one am not sad. Voluntary retirement should be a happy occasion. Good Luck Dave! :thumbsup:

I say sad because he will be greatly missed....
He absolutely deserves a happy retirement-he is after all a true gem to all Disney fans and to the company!

baldburke
10-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Good luck Dave! I remember first learning of Dave in the early 90s and the quizzes he'd do for the Disney Magazine.