PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Parade Taping schedule

Familyof4
09-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Is there a way to find out the times for taping of the Christmas parade on December 3rd and 4th as well as when the celebrity performance times? Thanks.

Strmchsr
09-29-2010, 11:45 AM
They usually announce that in November, but they don't announce what time each person is performing. In general they tape the music performances in front of the castle on Friday. On Saturday they do the parade taping on Main St. That runs all day. They run one float down, back it up, run it again, back it up, run it again, and so on until they get all their shots. Then they reset and do the next float the same way. It's a pretty tedious process. It used to be you could just walk up and watch, but now you have to sign up to be a part of the "crowd." They expect you to work a 4 hour shift.

HeadFairyInCharge
10-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Well in Dec '08 they did taping of performers and then the parade taping on Saturday. The park was packed around Main Street and after 11 am you could barely move in Fantasyland....but later in the day they were taping entertainers at Castle Stage over and over, we got to see Miley Cyrus and her Dad perform like 10 feet away...and I was just there because we had breakfast ADR's in Castle so we just dealt with the crowds. No sign ups necessary.:thumbsup:

HeadFairyInCharge
10-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Just an FYI...I believe I got that info at the end of October and tried to get a Castle breakfast on another date but to no avail so we kept to original plan...The area up main Street is roped off and you have to walk through stores to left side of MK to get to hub then around to the other lands. Regis and Kelly are up on the Train Station and there is no tree up yet in courtyard in front until the Sunday morning following this taping!
The company that does this taping is called Lightship Production....used Email: [email protected] got some info back then....good luck!

TheRustyScupper
10-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Is there a way to find out the times for taping of the Christmas parade on December 3rd and 4th as well as when the celebrity performance times? Thanks.

1) If you are trying to see celebs, it is tough.
2) They try not to announce actual times.
3) Schedules are not met, so the times mean little.
4) As for getting close, the ticket holders are the closest.
. . . DVC and AP holders get first dibs on tickets
. . . public can get advance tickets next
. . . general guests can walk up the day of, but not good sight lines
5) Then, the general public fills in behind them.

CaptainSad
10-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Why in heaven would you go during those days. I stay away from the MK during taping of the Christmas and Easter parades. Believe me I was there once when they were taping the Easter parade. I swore I'd never visit the MK that day again. Way to crowded. I keep getting run over by scooters and strollers. I will be down at WDW from 12/4-12/12 and don't plan on going to the MK during that first weekend. I'll go to the other parks first.

bouncer
10-30-2010, 11:00 AM
Is the chaos limited to Main St? I am wondering if it would be possible to "sneak" past the taping into Tomorrowland etc and stay away from Main St and find it relatively quiet? In other words, is the rest of the park fairly quiet due to the chaos caused by the parade taping? I was thinking of spending just a little time in MK during the taping in the afternoons possibly if most of the events are focused at the Castle & down Main St.:blush:

Strmchsr
10-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Is the chaos limited to Main St?

For the most part, yes. It's still pretty busy in all parts of the park, but the big chaos in on Main St and around the castle. Don't expect to find "quiet" on a December Saturday in MK though.