PDA

View Full Version : Less than 48 hrs

passholderryan
09-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Me- 33
DW-28
DS- 11 months, 25days (celebrating 1st bithday)

So we leave Friday morning, early for our very long 2 3/4 hr drive from Ft. Lauderdale. I know, I know, how will we ever make it in a car for that long. We are going to celebrate our son's first birthday. Although this will be his 7th trip, this will be our first time taking him to camp at Ft. Wilderness. My wife's birthday is in 2 weeks, and she has a little surprise awaiting her (Last time I suprised her at work with the car packed, a weekend at Disney, with a drive over for the space shuttle launch). This time we, or so she thinks, have 4 nights of camping at Ft. Wilderness). What she doesn't know is that I shortend it to 2 nights camping, with 2 nights at the Dolphin!! We love to camp, but we do it the cheesy way. I bring an A/C unit, refrigerator, TV, satelite etc. Alot of family and friends will be joining us Saturday for a cookout to celebrate the 1st birthday(in-laws have a cabin at Ft. Wilderness). We dont have any ADR's planned as the F&WF will be in full swing. That will be great Sun-Tue since we are staying at the Dolphin. I love that my wife and son will take an afternoon nap, which leaves me time to do a lap around WS and catch the British Invasion:beer::beer:. My wife had orignally scheduled a suprise dive session at Nemo, but I cancelled it yesterday so we could do something as a family like rent a pontoon boat on the Seven Seas Lagoon or someting like that. Not sure yet. Other than that, now that my son is a little older, I got a feeling I will be standing in some of those dreaded character lines, but it will be so worth it!!!!

faline
09-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Have a wonderful Disney celebration! Please be sure to come back and tell us all about it!

T-Belle
09-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Oh yes, please be sure to tell us all about it! Sounds like it's going to be so much fun!

SBETigg
09-29-2010, 09:59 AM
It sounds fantastic! Have a wonderful time and happy birthday to your son.

disneymom15
09-29-2010, 12:12 PM
You sound like a wonderful husband and father. Hope you have a great time.

KylesMom
09-30-2010, 09:21 AM
Ryan, I remember your last trip report well. I hope that this one is just as magical. Don't worry, those character lines aren't too bad - well worth the pics you'll be getting with your peanut.:thumbsup:

Have a wonderful time - I look forward to reading all about it when you return! :mickey: