PDA

View Full Version : Mugs for 2011

wdwnutz
09-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Anyone know if there will be a new mug design for a January 2011 trip?

Strmchsr
09-28-2010, 10:51 PM
They generally don't announce that in advance. With the new theme for 2011 my guess would be yes, but we probably won't know until January.

#1donaldfan
09-29-2010, 12:03 PM
I hope so, I like the existing one, but am growing a bit tired of it..know what I mean ??:thumbsup:

Disneyfirsttimer
09-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Speaking of mugs, why doesn't Disney enforce the use of older mugs for free refills. We were just there and saw ppl using mugs from 2007 (the older blue, white ones). I have those as well. We also saw a family using 4 different mugs :shake:. Two older mugs when they were resort-specific and 2 others.

We went in April and purchased 2 mugs. When we went back in Sept, the mugs came free with the QSD plan. I don't understand why ppl use the old mugs. They just paid so much for their trip and they can pay the additional $13 bucks for the mug. Don't even get me started with ppl filling old water bottles, etc. from the drink stations :mad:.

Karyn

Strmchsr
09-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Speaking of mugs, why doesn't Disney enforce the use of older mugs for free refills. We were just there and saw ppl using mugs from 2007 (the older blue, white ones). I have those as well. We also saw a family using 4 different mugs :shake:. Two older mugs when they were resort-specific and 2 others.

We don't want to go there again. There are several HUGE threads with people debating this. I don't like it, but we don't need to get that going again in this thread.

elmjimmlm
09-29-2010, 08:16 PM
I like the resort mugs...
Wish they would bring those back...I know that it means more money to make blah, blah, blah but I would still like to see it happen...:thumbsup:

Disneyfirsttimer
09-30-2010, 10:11 AM
We don't want to go there again. There are several HUGE threads with people debating this. I don't like it, but we don't need to get that going again in this thread.

Apologies . . .

Strmchsr
09-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Apologies . . .

No worries at all! I wasn't fussing at you. My comment was more for those who might read your comments and feel inclined to take off in that direction.

#1donaldfan
09-30-2010, 12:26 PM
....it's truly one that can get rather heated on here !!!! :mickey:

tink'72
09-30-2010, 02:54 PM
I liked the resort mugs and hopefully they come out with a new one for 2011. I'm growing tired of my ones from 2010.

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-30-2010, 04:28 PM
I too wish they had the resort specific ones back. I cherish my Poly mug... although I never stayed at the Poly, I still bought one!!!

Buttercup
09-30-2010, 06:03 PM
I like buying the new mugs, not only because they're a good deal if you drink a lot of pop like me, but they're like little souvenirs from each of my trips that I can actually use again at home! :thumbsup: I love my cupboard full of resort mugs! I hope they come up with a new design for our next trip.

crltkcagle
10-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Do they change the mugs every year? We purchased one in 07 and one this year but none in between. (We thought it was a waste of money on our in between trips) Anyway I was just curious as to how often they change the design?

Strmchsr
10-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Do they change the mugs every year?

No, not every year. This year there was a slight shape design from 2009, but the pattern was the same. Usually they change the mugs as they change the themes.

badkitty
10-02-2010, 01:55 PM
I only remember two mugs. The Birthday give away and the GAD promotion had the same mug (the red "What Will You Celebrate" design). Before that it was the blue/white one. Was that the "Year of a Million Dreams" design? Wasn't it resort specific up to the blue/white cups? I'm ready for a new one! I actually wish they would go back to resort specific mugs. I wasn't able to complete my collection.

Sylvia
10-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Another wish that they would go back to resort-specific mugs. I really regret not purchasing a DL mug - I have mugs from every resort where I stayed, except DL.

Since resort-specific mugs are probably gone forever, I'd settle for different mugs each year. Since I typically go to WDW at least once a year and I purchase 2 mugs on each trip, I now have 4 of the blue/white mugs, and 4 of the "Mickey" mugs (all with black tops). So, I really hope there's a different one for 2011.

TheVBs
10-03-2010, 02:32 PM
We'll be getting them next year with our free QSDP. :mickey: What I would like to see is the old shape back. Where it's the same width all the way down, instead of the newer, top-heavy version. I realize that the newer ones will fit in the cup holders of your car, I just prefer the old ones.

big blue and hairy
10-03-2010, 07:12 PM
....it's truly one that can get rather heated on here !!!! :mickey:Yeah, but fun to read....:D

:sulley: