PDA

View Full Version : Leaves in New Hampshire?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-28-2010, 07:50 PM
We are thinking of going leaf peeping this weekend instead of the traditional Columbus Day weekend. Anyone know if the leaves are already peaking in the Franconia/Mt Washington area? They've already changed a lot in MA so I thought maybe they were ahead up there.

paragon
09-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Still mostly green from Nashua up past Manchester, I drive rt 3 every day. Um, there ARE however a few yellow one at the bottom of my pool now though!!

faline
09-28-2010, 08:31 PM
This rainstorm seems to be bringing down lots of leaves. I hope they don't all come down before they get beautiful!

LauraF
09-29-2010, 09:00 AM
Keene is starting to turn, according to one of my friends, but I don't know about elsewhere.

I too hope the tropical storm Friday doesn't bring them all down before we can enjoy them! I have one maple next to my house that promises to turn flame red this year!

Tinkerfreak
09-29-2010, 03:33 PM
Not too much color here in Maine yet. It has just been too warm. We have lost some leaves to the rain and wind and alot have just not turned yet.

Jeri Lynn
09-29-2010, 07:52 PM
My brother was hiking in the White Mountains last weekend and by the looks of his pictures on facebook there was some color but it did not look like it was at full peak yet.

Jeri Lynn
09-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Tinkerfreak, we have a camp in Sherman Maine and will be going up the weekend of the 8th after our son's football game on Friday night, I hope we will get to see some color, although I remember last year the colors were later up there than here in MA.

Tinkerfreak
09-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Tinkerfreak, we have a camp in Sherman Maine and will be going up the weekend of the 8th after our son's football game on Friday night, I hope we will get to see some color, although I remember last year the colors were later up there than here in MA.

If we get some really cold nights between now and then you might see more color.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Thanks everyone. We are gonna take our chances. Hopefully it will be colorful.