PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Parades - Holiday Theme

TinkerbellsMom
09-27-2010, 11:34 PM
Hi All,

I remember when we went to WDW in Dec. 2006, the afternoon parades for AKL, HS, and MK were changed to a holiday theme. Does anyone know if they still do that? I saw that AKL still does, but I'm unsure about HS & MK.

Thanks for your help!!
Tinks Mom

BigRedDad
09-28-2010, 07:34 AM
AK does the Jammin Jingle Parade.

MK does not because people pay for the XMas parade for MVMCP. I think they do the XMas parade during the day on Dec 24th and 25th. I am not sure of the exact dates though.

DHS I am not aware of a XMas theme for their parades.

Strmchsr
09-28-2010, 10:23 AM
MK does not because people pay for the XMas parade for MVMCP. I think they do the XMas parade during the day on Dec 24th and 25th. I am not sure of the exact dates though.

DHS I am not aware of a XMas theme for their parades.

I haven't looked at the exact dates, either, but as soon as the MVMCP ends (look in Info Central for last date) the Christmas parades begin during the day. That's usually Christmas week.

DHS used to do a Christmas theme for their Stars & Motorcars parade, but that ended when they switched to the Block Party Bash. No telling if a holiday theme will come back with the new Pixar parade next year.

bdm@pga
10-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Our HS band is scheduled to perform December 28 in the "MIckey's Once Upon A Christmas Parade in the Magic Kingdom...daytime parade.

disneymom2000
10-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Our HS band is scheduled to perform December 28 in the "MIckey's Once Upon A Christmas Parade in the Magic Kingdom...daytime parade.

WOW That has got to be exciting to look forward to. Another memory to hold on to forever. Wish I was there to see it. I love to watch HS bands, they are so into their music.:flute::tuba::drum::play:

Gator
10-03-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm hoping that the new Pixar Parade will have the ability to be made into a Christmas Pixar parade. That would be great - something different for the holidays.

Strmchsr
10-04-2010, 08:00 AM
I'm hoping that the new Pixar Parade will have the ability to be made into a Christmas Pixar parade. That would be great - something different for the holidays.

:ditto: I guess I'll find out at the end of January. It would be nice to have a Christmas parade (and an actual parade) back at DHS.