PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Anniversary Party

White Rose
09-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Been keeping this in for awhile and I'm very anxious, so I thought it would share it with you all...

For the past 2 months, I've been planning a SURPRISE 25th anniversary party for my parents, which is going to be on Oct 2nd--aka this Saturday! They were actually married on Oct 19th, but I thought this date would throw them off a bit more. And let me tell you something, it has NOT been easy! The financing has been a nightmare, not because I don't have the money, but because my mother is joint on all of my accounts AND works for the financial institution where I bank. Very difficult taking out large sums of money! And I've had to do everything in cash or through her best friend's account!

I've financed the party entirely on my own (just graduated from college in May and my grandparents gave us a little money towards the catering) but, my little DS, who's 16, volunteered herself to be the officiant for the vow renewal part. :D We had her ordained online and ordered her the certificate.

I'm just so nervous! We're expecting roughly 40 people, maybe a bit more and my anxiety keeps making me think something is going to go wrong or my parents are going to hate it or something.

Wish me luck!!!!

disneymom15
09-28-2010, 09:26 AM
What a nice surprise. You sound like a very loving daughter and I'm sure they'll be thrilled. Good luck and enjoy the day. Let us know how it turns out.

azdisneymom
09-28-2010, 10:19 AM
I think your parents have the best gift already!! Wish them Happy Anniversay and I hope you have a good time on Saturday!

White Rose
10-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the support, everyone! I'm happy to report my parents were completely and utterly shocked. They both teared up a bit, which is something my father RARELY does. Both of them couldn't believe I'd managed to get everything past them without a clue. I suppose it helps that I'm 22 now, and not younger. :blush:

I had the event catered and the food was utterly spectacular. Everything worked out well, aside from having to kick a group out of the hall early--the party started at 6 and they claimed they had been told they had until 5:45pm to get out? :confused: I needed to get in and start decorating...but, besides that, it went well!

However, both my parents keep telling me I shouldn't have spent the money I did on both, since I just graduated and I'm working two jobs. I told them not to worry about it and that it was nice to do something for the two of them.

But...I think it means I'll be getting a nice Christmas present! :D

DisneyMelissa
10-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Glad to hear it went well!! That is really nice of you to do for your parents!

That is awesome that you were able to pull that off so smoothly. I am 22 as well, and I definitely don't think I could pull something like that off without accidentally giving it away. :blush:

faline
10-07-2010, 08:22 PM
How sweet of you to do such a lovely thing for your parents! I'm sure it meant even more to them that you can possibly know!