PDA

View Full Version : Kona Cafe on Dining Plan?

iheartdisney
09-27-2010, 07:37 PM
On the (2009) list at Intercot's Info Central Kona Cafe isn't listed as a Dining Plan restaurant. But when I went to make ADRs on the Disney website, I checked Kona for breakfast and it said it WOULD honor the dining plan.

Now, not that I don't trust Disney. Let's just say I trust you all more. Which one is right?

Thanks!

Carolanne
09-27-2010, 07:49 PM
I eat dinner at the Kona Cafe at least once a trip, using my DDP TS credits (ever since the DDP came out). It's also listed on the Disney DDP pamphlet as a DDP location, accepting TS credits for B, L, & D.

iheartdisney
09-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Thanks Carolanne!

Carolanne
09-27-2010, 08:59 PM
I don't know if you've ever been there, so if you go: ENJOY :mickey:! I've only eaten dinner at Kona and it's never been a bad meal. Sometimes I stick w/my usual & get the shrimp & scallops w/sticky rice, and other time I'll switch it up with something different. This past May I had the mahi mahi w/baby bok choy and it was excellent (a very good first-time experience w/mahi mahi for me).

My last three times there we had a wonderful CM, I think her name is Debbie. She's from Clifton NJ. Our drinks were never got empty. She would check in with us every so often to make sure everything was good, and she did it in a very non-intrusive way.

iheartdisney
09-27-2010, 09:09 PM
I've been before but it was years ago - before the dining plan. We're looking forward to it!

disneymom2000
09-28-2010, 10:32 PM
We used a TS from the dining plan for breakfast at Kona back in 2008. I really liked it because it was quiet and the service was really good. We ate typical breakfast food, but most people rave about Tonga Toast here. I ordered some but wasn't impressed.

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-29-2010, 11:39 AM
We at at Kona Cafe for the Tonga Toast and the Big breakfast or something like that....

We liked it enough to want to go back but, we never did. We found out that you can get Tonga Toast and the Big Kahuna Breakfast (or its equivelant since I forgot the name) at Captain Cooks on the floor level of the Poly. Now we just take our tonga toast and big breakfast platter and sit by the pool, overlooking the lagoon and pouring over park maps.

I like that ambiance better than Kona cafe! and the price better too! But, if your on the dining plan and you have no where else to eat, then it's ok. You could always use the counter service meal for the breakfast too! or pay OOP.

Just a few more options.