PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Fireworks?

KT1234
09-27-2010, 03:35 PM
Does anyone know if Disneyland is planning on doing any Halloween themes fireworks displays this year? I loved the ones last year and was sad to see there wasn't another one (so far!) this year.

Thanks!

NotaGeek
09-27-2010, 04:57 PM
It looks like Disneyland will not be featuring Halloween fireworks -- Remember Dreams True are listed as the fireworks show except during the Halloween Party -- during that special admission party they are having Halloween fireworks, but it's a separate ticket as the park closes to regular visitors at 7pm.

You can check out the offerings one the official Disneyland Halloweentime site:

www.disneyland.com/halloweentime

2Epcot
09-28-2010, 08:18 AM
Yes this is true, as Michael posted. Much to the dislike of many annual passholders who loved the new Halloween fireworks last year, this has become a hard ticket event exclusive to those who pay more money. The regular paid admission and passholders will get to view the scaled down Remember Dreams Come True fireworks show on separate nights, originally created for Disneyland's 50th Anniversary.

tinkwest
09-28-2010, 11:32 AM
... The regular paid admission and passholders will get to view the scaled down Remember Dreams Come True fireworks show on separate nights, originally created for Disneyland's 50th Anniversary.

Off subject a bit - you say Remember is scaled down. Have they really eliminated part of the program? I haven't seen it since it came back from its summer vacation.

2Epcot
09-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Off subject a bit - you say Remember is scaled down. Have they really eliminated part of the program? I haven't seen it since it came back from its summer vacation.

Yes, they eliminated the Frontierland section where there used to be gun shots and sparks off the castle targeting projected ducks. I believe there is one or more other sections removed as well, but not sure.

tinkwest
09-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Yes, they eliminated the Frontierland section where there used to be gun shots and sparks off the castle targeting projected ducks. I believe there is one or more other sections removed as well, but not sure.

grr!!! :mad: Don't like the sound of that! :rant:

KT1234
09-30-2010, 04:06 PM
:( bummer! I really loved the fireworks last year- they were my favorite display of the year for sure. Thanks for the tips, guys! Maybe I'll look into getting tickets to the halloween party. Halloween is my favorite time at DLR!

robnadina
10-01-2010, 01:05 PM
I have a problem with them charging AP's a full rate on a Friday night for the Halloween party.
I live/work 2 hrs north of Disney and its just not a reality that I can trot down there on a Tuesday night. Another big Fail by DL!

NotaGeek
10-01-2010, 01:50 PM
I have a problem with them charging AP's a full rate on a Friday night for the Halloween party.
I live/work 2 hrs north of Disney and its just not a reality that I can trot down there on a Tuesday night. Another big Fail by DL!
It actually makes perfect business sense since the weekends are usually really busy with tourists and no just AP holders -- so if they offered and AP discount on Fridays odds are it would be a majority or local AP holders that take up that space, and Disney is hoping that their regular park guests will spend more money since it might be a once in a lifetime trip vs. a SoCal resident that is only 2 hours from the park and could technically get to DLR on a Tuesday if they really wanted to experience the Halloween Party.

robnadina
10-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Well Disney finally has explained why they decided to show the Halloween fireworks as a private party event and it really makes sense. Apparently the fireworks were so popular that traffic in and around the parks was a nightmare as AP's would show up only for the fireworks show. Also, because of the projections used on the castle, the Hub was too packed come firework time and it became a crowd control issue. I read the article in the OC Registar.
This kinda makes me feel a bit better. I did see the show last year, and everytime I saw it, the place was like New Years Eve in Times Square. Credit to Disney for fessing up. :thumbsup:

Disney4us2
10-06-2010, 06:34 PM
That does make sense. I still miss it though.

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
10-10-2010, 04:52 AM
That is an excuse. Sorry but not an explanation. You mean to tell me that they aren't going to do another cool firework show for regular nighttime viewing?

Most of them pack the place. Does anyone remember the 50th Anniversary year? It was a madhouse.

This is just the explanation to make everyone feel better about an upcharge in a down economy.

:smickey:

CaptSmee
10-11-2010, 03:57 PM
I saw the scaled down version of the 50th fireworks show last week & loved it! Thought it was one of the best fireworks show's I've ever seen! :thumbsup: