PDA

View Full Version : Adding park days to your MYW package?

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Ok - I know once you are in the park you can simply (for the add'l price) add days onto your package.

Here's our problem. To get the free dining we had to book a room only for one night, our arrival night, then we booked a 7 night/8 day MYW package that came with the free dining.

My question is, can you add a day onto the front end? Or is the first possible day you can use the tickets is the day you check in on the MYW package.

I don't want to pay $80x5 or whatever the one day park ticket price is for our arrival day, which would only be a short park visit anyway. But, if I can add a 9th day and use it on the room only day, we'd probably go into the park for that evening.

Can this be done?:confused:

Strmchsr
09-27-2010, 02:36 PM
My question is, can you add a day onto the front end? Or is the first possible day you can use the tickets is the day you check in on the MYW package.

Because those are two separate reservations, I don't think that can be done. You wouldn't pick up your tickets until you checked in with your package. Now, what you could do is move your package up to your arrival day and put the room only at the end of your trip. It works out the same, but then you could have the extra day park tickets if you want them. I was faced with the same situation for our January trip and just backed up our package one day to include arrival.

BigRedDad
09-27-2010, 02:37 PM
I am sure it can be done. You probably just have to talk to someone at the Concierge desk or Guest Services. I am sure you are not the only ones that have been in this situation.

gerald72
09-27-2010, 02:55 PM
No, you can't add a day before your package starts. The first day you can use the tickets is the day you check in, and they are good for 14 days after you first use them.
If you wanted to enter the parks the day before, you would need additional tickets.

mickeyman42
09-27-2010, 03:42 PM
We (my DW and I) debated this back and forth also but in the end my argument won ( I think). you cannot add on to the front end because technically your MYM package doesnt start until the day after your arrival. that is, its not like you bought tickets+DDP+hotel room SEPERATELY where simply buying an 8 day ticket could start whenever you wanted. you bought a free dining MYM VACATION PACKAGE that included tickets+DDP+hotel room and its this package that doesnt start until the day after your arrival. hope that was clear, cause I may have confused myself:confused:

in the end we decided to arrive 2 days before our package starts. the day we arrive is a wash for us. Now on our first full day we are going to do some outlet shopping, go to DTD and maybe mini-golf instead of doing those in the middle of our stay like we usually do.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Now, what you could do is move your package up to your arrival day and put the room only at the end of your trip. It works out the same, but then you could have the extra day park tickets if you want them.

The free dining plan doesn't start until 11/27 and we are going down 11/26. So our solution was to book a room only at POR for one night, then the MYW package for the 7 nights. So we are full rack rate room only on the 26th and then MYW with free dining for the 27th on. I could move the package up a day, but then we wouldn't qualify for the free DDP, which is the reason why we chose to come down at this time.

So from what I've been reading, and what I was afraid of, I think we are out of luck on the arrival day. Not a huge deal as we wouldn't be park ready until 6:00pm or so, but there is something kind of special about checking in and then popping into the MK (especially in the evening) on your first day. Sort of a tradition with us (if 4 or 5 times counts as tradition).

Worst case scenario we simply enjoy the resort pool or take a boat ride down the Sassagoula or go see if there are any fresh beignets:thumbsup:

CleveRocks
09-27-2010, 05:29 PM
You CAN get your tickets early. You have to go to a ticket window, it can't be done at a resort. Go to a ticket window at any park (including a water park!), Transportation & Ticket Center or Downtown Disney.

One of the things you'll need is a knowledgable and helpful cast member. Not all CMs know how to do this, and not all CMs will feel like bothering, because it's not a quick process.

The CM at the ticket window will need your package reservation information. The ticket window CM will then get on the phone and call the resort where you have your package reservation (which starts the following day). The ticket window CM will talk to a CM at your future resort and get all of the necessary info, and then can issue you the tickets that you've already paid for as part of your package.

I know this to be true. I didn't just make it up out of my imagination.:mickey:

jillluvsdisney
09-27-2010, 07:08 PM
We did exactly what you are asking about. We checked into AKL on August 14. It was a one night reservation. Our 7 night package started on the 15th. After we checked in, we took the bus to MK. We went to guest services and were able to add 1 day to our package. I think it was about 5 to 6 dollars for each person. Once we had checked in AKL, guest services at MK was able to see our group/reservation in the system and it was no problem.