PDA

View Full Version : Just got back

misspriss
09-27-2010, 01:38 PM
We just got back on Friday the 24th from 8 days at the Poly. Just a few tidbits, as I've never done a post-trip report before:

I would recommend the Pirates League to everyone. My DS9 and DD3 did this and loved it. My son looked so awesome, that we had a few people stop and ask if they could take his picture and one castmember asked for his autograph. His response was, umm ok but do I sign my real name or pirate name. My DD3 loved the princesses and they each spent quite a bit of time with her. Princess Tiana (she was awesome) and Jasmine were her favorites. Thanks to the GAD fastpass, we were able to ride Toy Story Mania 3 times! Otherwise, we would not have been able to as they fastpasses were gone by the time we made our way over there.

LeCellier and Whispering Canyon were awesome. Liberty tree was great as well. It felt like it was missing something since the characters weren't there, but still a good meal. The princess breakfast in Norway was excellent, too.

The weather was perfect. It was a little hot, but better than I had imagined. The longest wait we saw was 60 minutes for Toy Story Mania. Otherwise, there was little wait times. We walked right on to Tower of Terror!

Anyway, just wanted to say that we had a great trip! My DS9 was more adventerous this time and finally rode Splash Mountain and Test Track. He is a little bit of a chicken. And my DD3 was in heaven with all of the princesses! Now, it is time to start planning the next one! If only we could do September again. I loved it! However, my son is getting a little too old to miss so much school.

Thanks for listening!

misspriss
09-27-2010, 01:50 PM
One more quick note. I love the way they are doing the Jedi Academy now! My son was able to do that this time and battle Darth Vader. It was so cool and one of the highlights of the trip for him. He has tried on several other trips to be "chosen" and never was! He also was picked to go on stage with Captain Jack Sparrow!

Disney4us2
09-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
09-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Always sign the pirate name. :) That is so cute! I'm so glad they loved it. Great report, thanks!

T-Belle
09-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Sounds like you had a great time. My DS was always afraid of the bigger rides. When he was 9, like your ds, we managed to get him on Splash Mountain and waa-laaa....never afraid of ANY ride again. It truly must be a magical ride!

yjgirl32
09-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Great- glad you had a good time. Thanks for sharing.

BluewaterBrad
09-27-2010, 03:39 PM
Glad you had a great trip!! Thanks for sharing!!:mickey:

Pop Centurion
09-27-2010, 04:12 PM
I couldn't agree more about seeming like something was missing by not having the characters at LTT. I found myself looking over my shoulder a few times expecting one of them to be walking towards our table.

Glad you had a great trip.

elmjimmlm
09-27-2010, 08:45 PM
One more quick note. I love the way they are doing the Jedi Academy now! My son was able to do that this time and battle Darth Vader. It was so cool and one of the highlights of the trip for him. He has tried on several other trips to be "chosen" and never was! He also was picked to go on stage with Captain Jack Sparrow!

What are they doing different? My DSs have tried several times and have never been picked...
Sounds like a great trip you had!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Sounds great, thanks for the report:mickey:

misspriss
09-28-2010, 09:53 AM
The jedi academy has a line now where you line up and are given a piece of paper with a return time. I think they give out maybe 12 for each show with 5 alternates. The alternates get a different color paper that way they can distinguish the two. After watching one of the shows we walked over to the line and was told by the cast member that there were just a few spots left for the last show of the day. My son was given the paper and they wrote his name down. We got back there about 30 minutes before the show he was chosen for. He had alot of fun and I must say he did an awesome job battling Darth Vader.

elmjimmlm
09-28-2010, 11:52 AM
The jedi academy has a line now where you line up and are given a piece of paper with a return time. I think they give out maybe 12 for each show with 5 alternates. The alternates get a different color paper that way they can distinguish the two. After watching one of the shows we walked over to the line and was told by the cast member that there were just a few spots left for the last show of the day. My son was given the paper and they wrote his name down. We got back there about 30 minutes before the show he was chosen for. He had alot of fun and I must say he did an awesome job battling Darth Vader.

Thanks!!! We will do this on our next visit!!!:thumbsup:

faline
09-28-2010, 12:14 PM
What a great trip you had! Clearly, some special experiences for each of your children!

princessgirls
09-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Great trip! Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey: