PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Breakfast??

mom-of-4
09-27-2010, 01:01 PM
HI--
I am trying to fill a few breakfast spots for our trip in Jan.'11. What are your favs?? TS and CS?
Thanks!

#1donaldfan
09-27-2010, 01:04 PM
TS == Donald's Safari Breakfast at AK
CS == Sunshine Seasons at EC

magicofdisney
09-27-2010, 01:11 PM
I'm a huge fan of Boma for Breakfast.

renecat
09-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Cape May and Kona Cafe

Gator
09-27-2010, 01:36 PM
The breakfast at 1900 Park Faire was really great. The food was a lot like other breakfasts, with the addition of a cinnamon roll that was the best I've ever tasted. Plus, they have Alice and Mary Poppins there - Mary is always hard to find elsewhere. It gives you a chance to see the Grand Floridian as well.

phillydan
09-27-2010, 01:53 PM
I like all of the Character breakfasts, but the kids are getting older and now prefer a little extra sleep and something not so organized. Our CS choices are:

MK - Main Street Bakery
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons
DHS - Starring Roles

Favorite all-time TS:
1900 Park Faire - Breakfast buffet with Omelette station! Characters were good - we had the Mad Hatter twice - he was hilarious.

elmjimmlm
09-27-2010, 02:40 PM
TS == Donald's Safari Breakfast at AK
CS == Sunshine Seasons at EC

I agree with this but I also love the breakfast at POR Riverside Food Mill...:mickey:

joonyer
09-27-2010, 02:44 PM
I would say our favorite Breakfast meal "experience" is Crystal palace, with an ADR early before park opening. Not so much because of the food, which is pretty much the same as all WDW breakfast buffets, but because you get to walk down Main Street and view the castle when it is empty and if you have an early enough ADR, you can enjoy the first hour in the park with almost no lines at attractions before the crowds build up..

mickeyman42
09-27-2010, 03:24 PM
TS - Donalds safari breakfast at Tusker house is the best hands down

CS- we are partial to the Main street bakery, and its a great use of snack credits IMO

With that said, we have yet to try Kona cafe (going in feb11) and if 1900 park fare is as good for breakfast as it is for dinner then I would say that it would be great, we love the dinner selections.

whitney37354
09-27-2010, 03:35 PM
TS: O'hana & Hollywood & Vine were my favorites

CS: We never had a CS breakfast. Probably will do those on our next trip

KAT1811
09-27-2010, 04:14 PM
TS - Crystal Palace
Second choice - 1900 Park Fare

CS - Pepper Market
Second Choice - Sunshine Seasons

ElenitaB
09-27-2010, 06:59 PM
CS — Captain Cook's (Poly — Tonga toast), Sassagoula Floatworks (POFQ — beignets!), Wolfgang Puck Express (DTD), Sunshine Seasons (Epcot), Main Street Bake Shop (because where else can you have breakfast while seeing a live performance of "Main Street USA" :cloud9: )

TS — Boma (AKL), 'Ohana (Poly), Grand Floridian Cafe (GF)

MNNHFLTX
09-27-2010, 08:51 PM
The Kona Cafe at the Polynesian has a wonderful breakfast (you can get Tonga Toast there too). Of course, I also favor them for lunch and dinner! :tasty:

brownie
09-27-2010, 09:01 PM
We don't have a favorite counter service breakfast. Our favorite breakfast is at Cape May Cafe.

Sylvia
09-27-2010, 10:08 PM
TS - Crystal Palace
Kona Cafe

CS - Mickey Waffle at my resort food court
Main Street Bakery

Schmiv
09-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Hands down - Kona Cafe :woohoo:

I have not stopped talking about this breakfast since we returned from the Kingdom on 9/4. The Konga Toast is like Manna from Heaven :cloud9: You will not have to eat again until dinner that night.

SandmanGStefani24
09-28-2010, 01:23 PM
wow...

can't believe i never thought of this before, but I've never eaten breakfast at WDW.

Ever!

Wow...i always liked the look of those Mickey waffles at the resorts. Maybe next time I'll finally grab one!

BriarRose0708
09-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Non-Character Table- Kona Cafe all the way!

Character Table- Akershus! Better food than Cinderella's, all the best princesses, and if you have an early reservation you can walk through the park and get great pictures.

Counter Service- I like to get coffee or tea and a pastry at Main Street Bakery in the MK and Sunshine Seasons in The Land has great selections.

darthmacho
09-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Gotta go with Crystal Palace. Love it. I would have picked Garden Grill, but they apparently no longer serve breakfast.

A Big Kid
09-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Kona Cafe. We thoroughly enjoy Kona Cafe as a pleasurable experience. Anyplace else we eat for breakfast, its just fuel.

AgentP
09-28-2010, 06:28 PM
TS: Boma and the Whispering Canyon all you can eat skillet.....Yummmm biscuits and gravy :D

We don't do CS for breakfast really. We usually just grab something quick in our room.

2MuchWDFun
09-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Wolfgang Puck Express-hands down, a great CS breakfast. The breakfast pizza is yummy!

TS-Kona Cafe--great breakfast choices for everyone in the family and french press kona coffee...mmmm

paragon
09-28-2010, 07:32 PM
I would say our favorite Breakfast meal "experience" is Crystal palace, with an ADR early before park opening. Not so much because of the food, which is pretty much the same as all WDW breakfast buffets, but because you get to walk down Main Street and view the castle when it is empty and if you have an early enough ADR, you can enjoy the first hour in the park with almost no lines at attractions before the crowds build up..

My exact thoughts. Just booked an 8am for our halloween weekend trip!!!!
Haven't tried Cape May yet, we are thinking about doing the breakfast there, but now the discussion is about how to get there, from POP.
We wre EXTREMELY disappointed with Chef Mickey's on our last trip. Avoid it if possible...

Figment1988
09-30-2010, 11:29 PM
The best breakfast in my opinion is Donald's Safari Breakfast. The food is great, the atmosphere is quite great, and the staff is very great (especially a seater which i've heard is quite energetic when it comes to having the guests interact with Donald).

baldburke
09-30-2010, 11:47 PM
Ohana for sure! The food and atmosphere are great and you can whisk away to MK after your meal!

MyDisneyworld
10-01-2010, 09:29 AM
TS - Ohana at the poly is the best. They just keep bringing those yummy skillets out 1 after another until you can't move. Then they just roll you out when your ready.......
CS - Captain Cooks at the poly is also so good just for the tonga toast. mmmmmmmmmmm. Super thick french toast stuffed with banana, deep fried and then rolled in cinnamon and sugar.

brivers222
10-01-2010, 09:34 AM
I am not a real breakfast (morning) person... but the best i have found at Disney was 'Ohana.... followed by 1900 park fare.

just to verify, I will be going to both again this trip lol

LarryBoy
10-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Kona Cafe is my favorite breakfast on property. Best food and the best coffee are served there.
The Crystal Palace is my favorite character breakfast. We love the Pooh characters and we love entering the MK before it opens.
As for CS, the only CS breakfasts we do are at the hotels and Moderate and Value resorts actually have better counter service.

jpH/keD
10-01-2010, 05:20 PM
At EPCOT we stumbled on the Kringla bakery in Norway...IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!! We split a schoolbread and an almond covered pretzel and a waffle with jelly in the middle! Best CS we have had in ALL our visits! Yum! Now I am hungry!;)

crltkcagle
10-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Crystal Palace is our top pick for breakfast! We love the food and the character interaction. We have never eaten at Ohana's for breakfast but I hear its really good also.

wdwfansince75
10-03-2010, 04:20 PM
On our last trip, we tried Crystal Palace, for a late breakfast on an EMH morning...And it was great! We have also done a late breakfast at Donald's Safari Breakfast at an EMH morning at AK...Thought it had become our favorite, until the CP experience....hard to choose...both were great...But then I remember 1900 Park Faire on another visit....All were great...

Also on last trip, stopped at Captain Cook's for Tonga Toast one morning...excellent choice for a TS meal..

bostonsam
10-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Will be our 1st character breakfast at Crystal Palace...glad to see some of the good reviews

Katzateer
10-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Kona Cafe!

TinksGoofyMom
10-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Love 1900 Park Fare. I usually go over all the menus before booking. If I'm using a table service, I want the most for my money. My kids were 12 & 7 on our last trip. They love the food, characters & atmosphere. The Mad Hatter is one of the best characters in WDW and makes breakfast fun. You can also get made to order omelets here. Many of the buffets are no different than a home buffet. I want fun & good food that I won't get just anywhere.

Fastpasssteve
10-08-2010, 12:40 AM
I do love 1900 Park Fare for breakfast...including the omlette station, piles of bacon and sausage, and the chilled strawberry soup.

Kona Cafe is also lovely. Never had a bad meal there.

My favorite is Boma for breakfast. To say that it is tasty is a gross understatement.

For breakfast, I love the bakery on Main Street.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-08-2010, 10:08 AM
TS - Ohana at the poly is the best. They just keep bringing those yummy skillets out 1 after another until you can't move. Then they just roll you out when your ready.......
CS - Captain Cooks at the poly is also so good just for the tonga toast. mmmmmmmmmmm. Super thick french toast stuffed with banana, deep fried and then rolled in cinnamon and sugar.

:ditto: MyDisneyworld... its like we're soul mates... oh wait, we ARE married!! haahaa...

don't you guys just love when you and your SO are on the same Disney "love" page? :D

WDWCrazyKaren
10-08-2010, 10:46 AM
We love 'Ohana and Akershus for TS breakfasts. Chef Mickeys (definately not for the food!) for the "cheesy fun factor" and I don't care for any of the CS breakfasts. Like another poster said...it's just fuel.