PDA

View Full Version : Walk Around the World

Michael T
09-25-2010, 07:09 PM
My In-Laws gave my wife and I a brick with our names on it years ago as part of the Walk around the World. We have never looked for it on our previous trips down there but we would like to find it this time. (Oct 28 thru Nov 9) The problem is we have misplaced our location information for it. How can we find it? Please help.:confused:

faline
09-25-2010, 07:14 PM
There used to be a way to connect with cast members who could look this information up for you. I'd suggest giving Disney a call before you arrive to see what you can find out.

Our brick is located in an area of the walkway where access is no longer allowed?! :(

Melanie
09-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Our brick is located in an area of the walkway where access is no longer allowed?! :(

Well that stinks Linda. :(

faline
09-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Well that stinks Linda. :(

It does. It's not far behind the barrier but I've never been able to find a cast member in the area to ask if we could go past it to see our brick!

Daisy'sMom
09-26-2010, 12:20 PM
I've noticed alot of those bricks are becoming faded. Does Disney replace those?

Joannelet
09-26-2010, 04:10 PM
I would go to maybe guest relations at MK and ask. They must have that info somewhere......
or so I would think.

DizneyRox
09-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Guest relations outside MK should be able to help. As they fade, I don't think they are fixed.

2MuchWDFun
09-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Ours is located along the walkway along the 7 Seas Lagoon heading towards the Grand Floridian...unfortunately it was covered with sand the last time we went looking for it.

It's funny that you asked about this--I was filing papers and found the certificate we received when it was purchased. Just stuck it in my vacation box. We'll have to see if we can locate it this time.

faline
09-27-2010, 06:19 PM
I've noticed alot of those bricks are becoming faded. Does Disney replace those?

They were only guaranteed to be there for a certain number of years. That time went by quite a while ago so Disney is not under any continued obligation to keep any of them where they are.

johnO
09-27-2010, 10:19 PM
They should continue selling these bricks. I thought it was a great idea.

MickeysEars
10-01-2010, 11:13 PM
we found the location of ours at the Guest relations at MK. They looking it up and told us where to go. Ours is at the TTC. We have seen it 2 times, it is pretty cool. I wish it was over by the MK but where it is now it is not fading at all so tht is good!

disneymom2000
10-03-2010, 05:08 PM
I am always amazed at how many of these bricks were sold. Just goes to show, lots of people want to be a part of Disney. I did a legacy tile at EPCOT. It is always so nice to look at the picture with my tile.

johnO
10-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Just how many of those bricks did they sell? Seems like the bricks always did good. Leave a legacy seems to have been much less successful..

jnfr2424
10-04-2010, 08:46 AM

Ours is in the walkway to the Contemporary and it's fading. I contacted guest relations and waiting for the paperwork to get it replaced

DizneyRox
10-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Ours is in the walkway to the Contemporary and it's fading. I contacted guest relations and waiting for the paperwork to get it replaced
How much do they want now? It was about $300 for a new brick a few years back. There were still a few locations left. Things may have changed...