PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Universal

wildernesslady
09-25-2010, 05:25 PM
What would be the best way to get there from Disney? We are staying at POR. Thanks

Strmchsr
09-25-2010, 05:54 PM
The best way would be to do Quicksilver. I think it's $75 round trip, but that's a personal transfer with knowledgeable driver and comfortable vehicle. Your other options are take a taxi, which would cost about as much or rent a car for a day (again, would cost about the same as Quicksilver). I haven't checked in a while, but I know Mears used to do shuttle runs to Universal from the Disney resorts. Cost $16 or so per person round trip. I don't know if they still do that.

luvdiznee
09-25-2010, 05:56 PM
The best way would be to do Quicksilver. I think it's $75 round trip, but that's a personal transfer with knowledgeable driver and comfortable vehicle. Your other options are take a taxi, which would cost about as much or rent a car for a day (again, would cost about the same as Quicksilver). I haven't checked in a while, but I know Mears used to do shuttle runs to Universal from the Disney resorts. Cost $16 or so per person round trip. I don't know if they still do that.

Would the taxi be cheaper if you get it from DTD versus your resort?

Carol
09-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Yep. A taxi from Downtown Disney Marketplace to Universal is around 25 bucks one-way.

dobby2010
09-26-2010, 01:17 AM
I can answer this as we just got back and I did a lot of research.
What I found was renting a car for the day by taking a bus to the on site car rental was cheapest if you have a more than a couple of people going. The rate I found for one day was 40 something.

For just two people (which was our situation) the Mears shuttle was easiest and cheapest. It is $18 per person for round trip service from your resort. You call them the night before you want to go and they will set up a pickup time with youand will pick you up from your hotel's main bus stop. We shared the shuttle with a couple of other couples also goign to universal, and they were on time and very friendly. They dropped us off at universal and gave us vouchers for the ride home. Then you call 2 hours before you want to be picked up and they will pick you up from the same bus stop you were dropped off at. It was very easy, I'd use them again. I can't remember the number but it is on their website.

Kathy Jetson
11-02-2010, 02:58 PM
We will have our own car. How long does it take to get from POP to Universal? We want to get there for park opening.

Strmchsr
11-02-2010, 03:21 PM
We will have our own car. How long does it take to get from POP to Universal? We want to get there for park opening.

20-30 min depending on traffic.

DisneyFr33k
11-02-2010, 06:55 PM
We just returned from Disney and US trips and used a towncar service. We stayed at Coronado Springs and it took about 20 minutes to get us to US. They were $45 one way to US and since we stayed at Lowes Royal Pacific, they included transport to the airport at the end of our trip.

luvdiznee
11-02-2010, 07:07 PM
This is a good post, as I know someone who is going in December and they have everything set, except for figuring out how they are going to get the 8 people in their party to and from US. :confused:Course they prefer cheapest. ;)They are staying at ASM, I believe.