PDA

View Full Version : Define Use year please.

LVT
09-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Still unclear on use year.
1. Usual trip May, Would that be June use year and when can May be booked for 14 days?

2. Is it by Month or day. Ie. June use year is for booking a May 14 of next year on June 1 or June 14 of this year.

3. Occasional Spring Break 3rd week Mar.
That would require April use year?

4. Can I choose use year?
Thanks for help.

SorcererJim
09-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Hi there... I'll give it a go... UY used to confuse me too in the begining of my research. The way I look at it, Use Year has nothing to do with when you can vacation or call for vacation reservations... You simply call member services at the 11 month mark to the day... so if you wanted to vacation on May 15, 2011, you can call in June 15th 2010

Where Use Year comes in, is your banking window... So with a June use year (there is no May use year), you have to bank all unused points by January 31st .

So to confuse you even more, what that means is that if you usually travel in the last 4 months of your use year, and need to cancel your reservation, you might be past your banking window. If you normally Travel in May or possibly march, you would be better off looking at getting an April or March use year.

I'm sure I have confused you a little bit... feel free to PM me to help clear things up a little more if you need it!

Still unclear on use year.
1. Usual trip May, Would that be June use year and when can May be booked for 14 days?

2. Is it by Month or day. Ie. June use year is for booking a May 14 of next year on June 1 or June 14 of this year.

3. Occasional Spring Break 3rd week Mar.
That would require April use year?

4. Can I choose use year?
Thanks for help.

DizneyRox
09-26-2010, 08:49 AM
Yes, the biggest concern with use year would be the amount of time you have left to work any points you might have in the event of a cancellation.

Otherwise it's just the month you get you next years points and determina the date you need to make a decision on what you are going to do with your points.

LVT
10-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Still mulling, but I think I am understanding.
I was trying to tie 12 month advantage to the use year.
Thank you for clarification.:beer: