PDA

View Full Version : I think it sounds better for us to not

luvdiznee
09-25-2010, 12:08 PM
purchase the DP. Since it will probably only end up being me and DD13 going to the World next year.

She has a small appetite. Because to this day she still can order off the kids menu and that can be enough for her. Which is also why I don't like taking her to buffets.

And even though we will be there for 10 days :fingers: we are going to be off site for 3 of them. Because we will be visiting Universal Studios, one of the Shopping Malls (not sure which one) and SeaWorld. So I know we will be dining at these places.

Anyone else in this situation.

gardenia
09-25-2010, 02:08 PM
I don't think the DP saves anyone money. If it was a good deal, Disney wouldn't be making money on it.

Kairi_7378
09-25-2010, 02:10 PM
It sounds like you have thought about the situation and are doing what is going to work best for you and DD. I think we will be in this situation when we take DS in a few years, too. I think that with your plans to be offsite and at other parks the only way the DDP will work for you is if you do a lot of 2 credit meals.

Georgesgirl1
09-25-2010, 02:23 PM
DH and I have looked at the DDP several times and just can't see it being worthwhile for us. I think especially if you have kids who are 3 or 4/11 or 12 since they are right over the limit of needing a higher cost plan, but likely can't eat that much food, it wouldn't be for you.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Sounds like you have a bit of number crunching to do.

There is "free" dining being offered for much of the year. So, it might make sense to get it, as it could save some money, even if you're not going to use all of the credits.

But, there are often other discounts as well, so you'll need to figure out how much "free" dining will actually cost you.

But, if the #'s don't work out, don't feel pressured to get it. The DDP is getting to be less and less of a value, so do what works best for you.

cather74
09-25-2010, 03:24 PM
"Free" dining only works if you are going to eat that much. You know your needs best. I never get it because we don't need to eat all that the plan offers. Everybody is diferent though.:thumbsup:

Fastpasssteve
09-25-2010, 04:30 PM
The DDP's value depends greatly on your trip, who's in your party, and your plans when you're there.

For some people it isn't worth it...however, when it's free, is there a down side?

I've never used the DDP in all my past trips...it just didn't fit with our mobile attack strategies in the parks! lol!

This fall, I'm going with another friend and we're slowing down and smelling the roses...and the filet mignon. We're going to Jiko, California Grill, Le Cellier, Artist Point...lots of sit down places...so, the Deluxe Dining Plan worked out well for us. Based on where we wanted to eat, the Deluxe Dining Plan was a money saver without a doubt.

Hope all works out well for you and your trip.

luvdiznee
09-25-2010, 05:30 PM
I don't think the DP saves anyone money. If it was a good deal, Disney wouldn't be making money on it.

This makes sense.

It sounds like you have thought about the situation and are doing what is going to work best for you and DD. I think we will be in this situation when we take DS in a few years, too. I think that with your plans to be offsite and at other parks the only way the DDP will work for you is if you do a lot of 2 credit meals.

I thought about that and we probably will do a couple 2 credits. The only ones that interest me are Jiko and Yachtsman. And maybe even Jiko again. :cloud9:

DH and I have looked at the DDP several times and just can't see it being worthwhile for us. I think especially if you have kids who are 3 or 4/11 or 12 since they are right over the limit of needing a higher cost plan, but likely can't eat that much food, it wouldn't be for you.

Especially that DD13 is only 70 pounds. What happened to "pay what you weigh". :D

Sounds like you have a bit of number crunching to do.

There is "free" dining being offered for much of the year. So, it might make sense to get it, as it could save some money, even if you're not going to use all of the credits.

But, there are often other discounts as well, so you'll need to figure out how much "free" dining will actually cost you.

But, if the #'s don't work out, don't feel pressured to get it. The DDP is getting to be less and less of a value, so do what works best for you.

No free dining so far for the time we want to go and certainly no discounts since it's Spring Break week. :thedolls:

Thanks everyone.