PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Party

luvdiznee
09-24-2010, 08:48 PM
So I've decided to let DD13 have her first Halloween Party at home. She wants to invite about 15 friends (girls only). There will be about 4 adults.

We bought a game..."Goosebumps Horrorland" for our WII, so they can play that. And we have about 4 Halloween-ish movies that they can choose from as well to watch, such as; Haunted Mansion, Coraline, Tower of Terror and Corpse Bride. And she wants to have a best costume contest.

So this is where I get stuck. What kind of prize or prizes should we give for the contest? And I know we are having pizza and wings and we will make cupcakes and buy some chips and all. But any other "neat" ideas? Or suggestions. Thanx :bat::mpumpkin::witch::ghost::pumpkin::scrow::blac kcat:

jmj18
09-24-2010, 09:41 PM
We too are having a Halloween party only we will have about 60 girls. I would LOVE any ideas too!

:mickey:

tinklover
09-24-2010, 11:13 PM
I had a Halloween Party for my Daughter and her class. she was in kindergarten, and we invited her cl;ass mates to the house. we did bobbing for apples and we built haunted gingerbread houses. Prizes for costumes were lil things I threw together with trinkets from the Dollar store. I made my own tortilla chips with a bat shaped cookie cutter and soft taco shells. the salsa was labeled Bat guts. I made deviled eggs to look like eyeballs. I made pigs in a blanket as well but they were mummies and I did a Graveyard cake. I had the entire play room done up like a graveyard with fog and all it was great. Those kids still talk about the kindergarten Halloween party and ask me if there is going to be a 2nd grade party this year. Nope sorry we are headed to Disney World, where they get paid to throw a great party :D:cloud9::mickey::number1:

jmj18
09-25-2010, 08:14 AM
AWESOME ideas! Thanks!

We've decided to "dress up" the garage to look like a haunted house. My BIL is making some coffins (to hold some snack/goodies) and I'm in the process of looking for some neat decorations.

I think I may be more excited than the kids! Halloween is my favorite holiday!

:mickey:

luvdiznee
09-25-2010, 11:31 AM
We've too decided to purchase a fog machine and decorate the front yard like a graveyard. :secret:

4disneynuts
09-25-2010, 12:38 PM
My daughter had a party and we did mini scrapbooks. Of course I am a huge scrapbooker and had a lot of the materials but the girls loved it and it gave them a momento to remember the great time we had. I took pictures throughout the party and printed them right at home on my printer. Or you could buy small picture frames and take pictures and give them to the girls as they leave. :mpumpkin:

Jeri Lynn
09-30-2010, 07:04 AM
For prizes what about something like an itunes gift card or gift card to mcdonalds or another place around you. Make-up or other girly things might be good too.

For decorations one year I took a flower arrangement that my sister had at her wedding that was past it's time and I put the spider webbing all over it so if you could find some old flowers in pots that have died, it looked really cool.

Dulcee
09-30-2010, 07:22 AM
We love Halloween! And growing up my big party of the year was always a Halloween sleepover with my girlfriends.

A fun menu idea is spaghetti and meatballs and breadsticks, only with a bit of a twist.

Make the meatballs into "rat body" shapes (kind of rounded off triangles) and after they are cooked give them whiskers and tails with some uncooked pasta. The spaghetti is easily relabeled as worms and the sauce as blood. And then make your breadsticks only stick a sliced almond at the end of each one to give them the appearance of fingers.

We always decorate pretty heavily for halloween, the front yard becomes a cemetery and inside is all witches and spells so that always added to the ambiance.

As for prizes I'd try to stick with the Halloween theme, depending on how much money you want to spend tickets to a local haunted house or hayride might be fun.

And a fun craft that would hit with 13 year old girls is designing trick or treat bags. You could get canvas bags or pillow cases or even just brown paper bags and then get glitter, sequins, paints, ribbons ect for them to decorate with.

Have fun!!