PDA

View Full Version : California Grill

ncrohrs
09-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Looking for info and opinions on this restaurant. We are a family of 6 with 4 kids, all under 9. They do really well in restaurants though. Considering CG for something a bit nicer.

specifically...
Is it signature dining?
How is the kid's menu?
How is the food?
Atmosphere and dress?

Thanks!
Nicole

faline
09-24-2010, 11:57 AM
It is a 2 table-service restaurant, if you are on the dining plan.

Don't know much about the children's menu. Ate there once with a 2 year old but don't even remember what was ordered for him.

Food is very good.

The view is spectacular but the restaurant is rather bright and quite noisy.

Dress is listed as business casual. Some folks dress up buy many also underdress (shorts and tees).

WRWDisney
09-24-2010, 02:31 PM
One thing to keep in mind is that it is fine dining and thus your service is impeccably timed; i.e. They do not rush you. We find our meal typically takes aboutb two hours (just something you should known if you are taking children there).

iheartdisney
09-24-2010, 05:25 PM
We went there for the first time with kids on our last visit. Our boys were 5 and 6 at the time and enjoyed the meal as much as we did. The children's menu pleased both kids and parents and we timed our meal so that we'd be enjoying dessert during Wishes. Our older daughter (16 at the time) and my husband adored the sushi. And me? I felt like a princess, watching the sun fade in the distance, the castle illuminated and then Wishes during dessert. The service was immpeccable. We felt it was well worth the 2 TS credits.