PDA

View Full Version : 5 or 6 nights? Value or Moderate? Oh, the choices!

coffeeyumm
09-24-2010, 10:44 AM
We're hoping to book a trip for early February. The difference in price for our family of six is about $400 for an extra day (6 nights instead of five), at a value resort....and we're waiting for word on the difference if we stayed in a moderate.

It's probably our last trip with all six of us, since our oldest son leaves for college next August. We want to make it extra special! However, we spend relatively little time in our rooms except to sleep and shower/dress for the day!

If you have a MODERATE that you LOVE, tell us! Which one, and WHY would you choose that over value?

Thanks for your advice!! :mickey:

P.S. Our kids are 17 (boy), 14 (boy), 11 (boy/girl twins)

brivers222
09-24-2010, 10:53 AM
Always choose length over hotel!!! All things the same, you are in the parks more than you are the hotels... treat your decisions as that :D

And you did say to spend only a fraction of time in the room... This should be easy, get a value resort and stay longer!!! Like you said, it may be your last time all of you together. make memories in the parks!

faline
09-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Are you looking at the regular rooms in the value or the family suites? Unless staying in a family suite, you'll need to look at two rooms in either category of accommodations.

If you opt for a moderate, I'd select Coronado Springs where you have queen beds instead of doubles. Plus, this resort has many of the amenities of a deluxe which will help provide that something special you're looking for!

cajundisneyfreak
09-24-2010, 11:15 AM
I would definitely stay at a value and stay longer.How much time do you really spend in the room? Have a magical trip!!! :mickey:

buzz2001
09-24-2010, 11:34 AM
I'd recommend CSR!! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price.

CSR has queen beds while the other mods have doubles like the values. The rooms have been recently renovated and are gorgeous.

CSR has a fitness center, spa, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club.

CSR has a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods.

CSR has the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great.

It also has great transportation to all 4 parks.

diz_girl
09-24-2010, 11:39 AM
If you're considering the mods, why not consider the FW cabins? One FW cabin sleeps six and is priced less than two mods by about $33 per night in value season. While it's still more than two values or a value suite, it's still a good option.

You only get one bathroom at the cabins, but you do get a full kitchen, a dining table that seats 6, a grill and a picnic table, so there's more room to spread out, both inside and outside the cabin. The kids could be in the BR (maybe with the twins in the bunks) and the two of you could sleep in the Murphy bed in the LR. With the full kitchen, you can have breakfast in your cabin, instead of dealing with the crowds at the food court. You also still have full housekeeping and I think that they even empty the dishwasher for you.

Plus, FW has the campfire and movie at night for you and the kids to enjoy. FW also gets the EWP at night around 9:45 (unless MK fireworks are at 9pm that night, then it runs later). So you want to be at the beach/docks for that at least once during your trip. Also, the parks tend to close early in early February, so you might be spending more time at your resort at night than you normally would, unless you always go to WDW that time of year.

faline
09-24-2010, 12:01 PM
If you're considering the mods, why not consider the FW cabins?

Good idea! I've really enjoyed the cabins!

coffeeyumm
09-24-2010, 12:47 PM
We had a tent, then a Pop-up camper for quite a while....it was always very LOUD first-thing in the morning at a campground...you could hear all the other families all around, and their kids. Now, I love kids (we have four of them ourselves!!), but hearing kids crying, squealing, riding bikes, yelling at 6:30am was a bit much when we were exhausted from the "fresh air & sunshine"! LOL

So, can you tell me all the PROS of the Ft. Wilderness cabins? THANKS!!

P.S. Remember, the kids are 17, 14, and 11 (twins).

diz_girl
09-24-2010, 01:17 PM
The good thing about the cabins is that there is a wall between you and other campers, instead of the fabric of a tent or pop-up, so that should dampen some noise. Also, I think that most of the cabins are in their own area and not mixed among the campsites.

faline
09-24-2010, 01:18 PM
I've tent camped as well. Staying in the cabins is very different. It's generally even more quiet than staying in a resort as each cabin is distinctly separate from the next - there are no shared walls. It's like having your own single family home.

Pros include the full kitchen (full sized refrigerator; dishwasher; oven and fully equipped kitchen); a living area and separate bedroom.

Cons would be only have one bathroom though there is a second sink in the back bedroom. If you have two rooms at a value or moderate, you'll have use of two bathrooms which is a distinct plus for a family of 6!

coloradowendyl
09-24-2010, 01:21 PM
I can tell you the cons of the cabin with 4 teenagers lol...one bathroom! 2 rooms at a value or at a moderate will give you 2 bathrooms which IMHO is huge with 2 adults and 4 teens!

Here is a link to pictures of all of the moderates:
http://yourmagicaljourneys.com/features/disney-resort-photos/moderate-resort-pictures/

Wendy

LVT
09-24-2010, 09:45 PM
With 3 adults (1 is 19) we stayed in POP with 2 double beds and a twin air mattress. I tried it once too. It was nice to each have a bed. After the long walks I wanted room to kick out leg cramps rather than my spouse.

nfrustaci
09-25-2010, 12:00 AM
i love love love the pop century !!!! we have stayed at the music also... a little run down in my opinion. we have also stayed in the studio at saratoga springs. it was ok but i still prefer the pop. saratoga is great if you don;t mind walking alot. i found that we waited up to 20 min for a bus to arrive. never stayed at a moderate so i cant comment on that. the pop is nice because no matter where u r it is not a long walk to the main building. why pay more for a room u r not going to be in. also the pop is undergoing small upgrades to the rooms and i hear they are nice. and since u have kids staying they will give u connecting rooms. 2 baths is a plus in my opinion. good luck with your decision and have a magical trip !!! :mickey: