PDA

View Full Version : Un Merry Birthday Day 1

EpcotChic23
09-24-2010, 10:08 AM
As stated in the Pre trip the whole family was coming to WDW to celebrate my 31st Birtday. My dad and brother since they booked last min. were on the 6:30 am flight out of Newark while mine, MIL and DM was at 8:15am. We all stayed over my parents house the night before (except MIL). My dad and brother got up at 3:30 for the car to bring them to the airport. The car picked them up at 4am and would soon turn around to pick the rest of us up at 5:20 am. I give myself a lot of time at the airport now that I travel with a 14 month old. I actually got pretty good sleep the night before and worke up at 4am. I let my DD sleep as long as possible. I woke her up at 5am she must have known she was going to Disney woke up with a HUGE smile. Fever is gone and she is back to normal. My FIL droped off my MIL a little after 5 then the car came to bring us to the airport.

It was quiet in Newark we checked in our bags went through security within 15- 20 min. My DH looks at me and says I told you we got here to early. Went to our gate and across from us was my dad and brother their flight was just about boarding. So we said our goodbyes. After a Mcdonalds brekfest and a few trips to the bathroom it was our turn to board. Flight took off on time and was uneventful. My dd slept 1hr and 15 min of the flight which is great b/c the flight is only a little over 2hrs. The young guy next to me said he would like next to my daughter anytime.

Off the plane to the ME. Called my brother and dad who were at the Poly already but was having some room issues. We requested our rooms to be near each other and possibley in a central area b/c mom can't really walk. They have our rooms on completly oppisite sides of the resort. This is the first time ever Disney did not give us our request but they told my dad they would work on it.....no biggie.

We get to the ME and OMG the line is insane I have never seen this before. We got in line my mom could not stand so she went to have a seat. About 20 min the bus came. We just made it on....thank goodness.

Poly is first stop, the rest of us check in. Meanwhile I find out my father is very sick with stomach issues and is lying on a couch in the lobby. They got our room situation cleared up we are staying in the Tokelau our rooms next to each other. My parents were able to get in their room within 30 min which is great b/c my father is getting sicker and sicker by the moment. We went to Captian Hooks for lunch then my DD feel asleep while looking around the shops. Our room was ready so we decided to all take a nap. We all got up around 4pm and noticed our luggage has not gotten to us yet. My mom called the front desk and they lady was shocked we have not gotten them and would look into it. They called us back 15 min later our luggage will be there in 5 mim

Dh. DM DD and I decide we are going into the MK for our 6pm ressies at the Plaza. We eat their our first night every trip. DD still very sick and DB still tired. We walk to the monorail and is told it is not working. So we walked to the boat hoped on and got to the MK in 5 min. We notice on the boat ride my daughter has a faint rash on her but it does not seem to bother her. While my mom gets her motorized vehical my DH brings our DD to the first aid to check on the rash. My mom and I walk to the plaza to check in. My DH meets up with us and says it is only a heat rash ok that makes us feel better. We go in and eat. DH and DM get cheestakes I get a ruben and there tomato soup (OUTSTANDING). It looks like it is going to rain when we get out, we buy DD a balloon and head to the monorail. DH and I stop of at the CR to look at the shops DM take DD back the room. We all meet up in time to watch Wishes on the beach of the Poly (except my dad he is offically sick). Then off to bed...tomorrow is my birthday wishes really do come true.

Melanie
09-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Oh no - your dad is sick. :( And hopefully your daughter's rash doesn't get worse. Glad they got your room issues worked out though.

T-Belle
09-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Sounds like a bit of a rough start. Hope everything goes smoother from here.

faline
09-24-2010, 10:37 AM
First, you're dealing with a sick daughter and, when you finally arrive, your dad is sick! Oh no! Hope he gets better soon and that the rash really is just heat rash1

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-24-2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the report

RedSoxFan
09-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Not fun being sick --- hope things get better.

yjgirl32
09-27-2010, 08:10 AM
I hope our dad feels better soon. Glad to hear they were able to fix the issues of the rooms.

Joannelet
09-27-2010, 08:26 AM
Oh boy :( It is no fun being sick on Disney or any other vacation for that matter :( I hope your dad feels better :(

princessgirls
09-27-2010, 10:34 AM
Sorry to hear of your sickness troubles. That is NO fun.

You did make the most of your first day!

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey: