PDA

View Full Version : AP monthly payment program - Opinions?

Boost
09-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Our family of five is thinking of buying the annual passes on the payment program.

Has anyone on here done this and if so, what are your thoughts?

Thank you in advance...

EPCOTBoy
09-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Haven't signed up for this program yet since our current passes aren't set to expire until December. At that point, we will be doing the payment program. Although I haven't done this program yet through Disney, I have done the similar programs offered by Busch Gardens and Universal. I never had any problems with those programs. My debit or credit card would be charged for the same amount around the same time monthly. With those programs, once you met your annual commitment, you could keep your pass active if you allowed them to continue charging your card the same amount each month. I'm not sure if Disney will handle renewals the same way.

Boost
09-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Our family of five is also thinking of utilizing the AP payment program. Actually, our daughter, who recently turned two, won't need her pass until July 2011.

We calculated that the initial charge will be just over $300 and that the monthly charge will be about $70. We are Florida residents and even with the FL discount, this still is a much better value per month than what we have done in the past. We figure that with the APs, we will visit the parks probably twice a month on average. Since we live about an hour away, some of those visits will be day trips to the parks and some visits will be ones where we will want to stay for a few days.

I know that the last time we checked, park hopper four days for all of us ran about $500, and with the AP payments, this will make return trips more likely as they will be more affordable. The parks will likely benefit from families like ours because we tend to stay on property, we spend at least $100 a day on WDW dining and the kids love to come back with the usual gear.

We are looking forward to spending more time at WDW very soon!

sacandjac
09-26-2010, 07:41 PM
I wish they would so this for everyone!! Sounds like a great thing!

Imagineer1981
09-28-2010, 04:24 PM
actually, why wouldn't they do that. Imagine being able to just pay monthly for park admissions i/o trying to come up with 5-6 dollars for an AP. Spread it out over a few months and no interest for the credit card

BrerGnat
09-28-2010, 05:51 PM
There is really no reason not to do this. You don't have to pay interest on the pass, and they just auto debit it from your credit card every month. We look at it as another bill to pay. It's our "entertainment" bill. For DH and I (Disneyland passes), we pay $33 per month. I pay for the kids passes with cash, but since DH and I have to renew in the same month, we do ours on the payment plan. It's hard to come up with $700-800 right before Christmas!

Daisy'sMom
09-29-2010, 08:07 PM
We are up for renewal in Jan. Being right after Christmas, DH said he didn't think we could do it this year. But thanks to the payment plan, we will. I am so happy they finally offered it.:mickey: