PDA

View Full Version : Best off site property???

nat
09-23-2010, 08:06 PM
What would you say is the best off site property close to WDW??? It is DH, myself and our twin boys age 16! Thanks!

Jillirose
09-23-2010, 08:43 PM
I don't know about the best, but we've been at the Carribe Royale twice and really liked it. The kids did too. It's very close and has bussing transportation (although very slow over spring break). Oh, and the price was right!

dobby2010
09-23-2010, 09:39 PM
I dont know what the "best" is. But I had a very good experience at the Country Inn and Suites. It was very close to Disney, had a nice room with microwave and minifridge, free breakfast and a great pool area with a slide etc. I would stay there again.

nat
09-24-2010, 07:57 AM
Thanks, I should have been more specific, nice pool, arcade for the teens. It will be the week of April vacation, it is $$ to stay on site?
How busy/crowds is it during that week, we would most likely fly down the Friday before and stay until Tuesday or Wednesday?

elmjimmlm
09-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Buena Vista Palace is a beautiful hotel that is right across the street from DtD Marketplace... The rooms are pricey but we got a govt. discount in June and paid 100. for the night and were in a Disney view room...I really liked it and we will stay again...The view from our balcony was something...:mickey:

iadarolas
09-24-2010, 09:14 PM
I recommend either Bonnet Creek Villas which are practically on property or we have also stayed in Kissimmee, just outside the gates, at Holiday Villas. The were very nice. Both of these have websites.

OogieBoogieMan
09-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Check out the sponsor AllStar, they have a number of condos, townhomes and houses in Windsor Hills. There is a community center with a large pool and arcade.

minnie04
09-30-2010, 11:48 AM
We have stayed at the Buena Vista Palace, its a great hotel and right across from Downtown Disney which is great for your boys to hang out. If we dont stay on site we made this our number one choice ..loved it big enough room love the QUEEN beds.. :mickey:

snowblack
09-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Holiday Inn Downtown Disney. The best Big queen beds. Quiet Hotel. We stayed in August when we went and I loved it. Its on Disney property in Downtown disney so you get the disney feel, but not the other perks like free parking at the parks. But they do have shuttle buses to the parks.

eandrsmom
10-20-2010, 06:50 AM
We stayed at the Marriott Royal Palms on our last trip. I was a bit nervous, because we hadn't stayed off site in several years. It was very close to the parks, was very roomy, and had a fantastic pool. (I didn't look for a game room, we were too tired at the end of the day.) We had a 2BR/2BA villa on the golf course. It was MUCH less expensive than anything Disney could offer for those amenities. Hint: Go to the Marriott website and sign up to be a Marriott Rewards member (for free). Then, go to the Marriot Royal Palms site and click on "Deals at this hotel". Because we did this, we were able to get rates for $168 per night!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-20-2010, 10:49 AM
Just had two different friends come back who stayed at Bonnet Creek and they both loved it:mickey:

clausjo
10-20-2010, 12:38 PM
We just stayed at the Radisson Lake Buena Vista - it's literally down the street from Downtown Disney - don't need to get on I-4 at all! They have queen size beds and a pull out loveseat so there's a bit more room. You can't beat the price - we paid $59/night in August. The lobby was nice and the hotel was very clean. The pool is small though.

brivers222
10-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Just stayed at the Fountains (a blue green resort) its about 15mins north west of MK entrance on international drive.

Check out my photo album to see pics of it!

http://family.webshots.com/album/578765687NFquGR