PDA

View Full Version : Magical Journeys vs WDW online

ponmommy
09-23-2010, 02:34 PM
We are getting ready to book our vacation for next year.....with WDW online I notice you can book with a $200 deposit and then pay until 45 days before arrival. How does MJ's work? Do you pay for the trip in full when booked or is it done with a deposit also?

Thank you !

Ms. Mode
09-23-2010, 02:59 PM
It's exactly the same with MJ as with WDW!

Plus, if any discounts come out before your trip they make sure you get them. :number1:

Strmchsr
MJ works the same way. They take your credit card number for the deposit, but Disney actually charges the CC, not MJ.

tinklover
with MJ it is done the same and they will add any discount that comes out between your time of booking and your arrival date. you don;t get that with just booking yourself at the WDW site. I love MJ and will use them for every trip.

vicster
09-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Definitely go with MJ!!!

faline
09-23-2010, 05:41 PM
What's different is that Disney will not contact you to let you know if you can the same trip at a discount. Magical Journeys will monitor your reservation and make sure you get any additional discounts that are announced and for which you qualify!

Disney4us2
09-23-2010, 05:57 PM
OMG.... Magical Journeys. For my first trips to WDW, I didn't know about them. From Intercot I learned about them and gave them a try for my upcoming trips. Kathy has been wonderful. She was able to take all the stress out of planning. If any discounts came along, she automatically added them. Another vote for MJ here:thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-23-2010, 10:02 PM
And MJs will remind you to make your ADRs, and let you know if there are any special events during your trip. They are the best!!

DisneyDoug2
09-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Go with MJ, they truly look out for the customer when discounts are announced and they seem to have access to more plans then on the website.

ponmommy
09-25-2010, 09:29 AM
Thank you all ! MJ's is the BEST !! Karen is awesome and found us a spectacular deal :)
We will never book a WDW trip on our again....

Dopey's Girl
09-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Welcome to the MJ fan club! Wendy is always my first call when I'm planning. She's just awesome!!! I won't ever go back to calling or using Disney's site for bookng.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-25-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm glad you're all booked, and glad you've found MJ - I won't ever go back to booking Disney on my own again :thumbsup:

angel2931
09-26-2010, 09:11 AM
A friend introduced me to MJ about 5 years ago, and we have used them for every trip since! Wendy is always so helpful and great!! We actually just booked with them again for Feb! I have referred friends to her as well and they were very pleased too!!

mickeefan
09-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Another very positive vote for MJ. I believe we found Wendy in 2004 and she has handled all our trips since then. We already have reservations for next May and she will watch out for any discounts that may apply to us. You can't get better care anywhere.
We have also referred her to several of our friends and they all were very pleased.

Buttercup
09-26-2010, 07:47 PM
Quick Magical Journeys question:
We are 99% sure of our vacation dates and I was thinking of using them this year even though I've always just liked having the control of booking it myself.
But if I book it, and then change my dates later on, are there any fees with MJ to change things?

faline
09-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Quick Magical Journeys question:
We are 99% sure of our vacation dates and I was thinking of using them this year even though I've always just liked having the control of booking it myself.
But if I book it, and then change my dates later on, are there any fees with MJ to change things?

No fees except what Disney might charge! My Magical Journeys rep was always so good about my multiple changes in plans! I'd book a trip and then add a day or two or more at the beginning or end or change my mind about where I'd want to stay! She always took it all in stride!

If you book a package and make changes inside the 45 day window, the change fees are those imposed by Disney - not by Magical Journeys!