PDA

View Full Version : Late add-on to my ADR's. What to do?

phlo8810
09-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Ok. So my niece is joining us for 4 days in November (just found out). So I have to add her on to our existing adr's. Problem is when I called we only got her in 2 out of 6 of them. Instead of just adding her to ours the cm said they have to see if there's availability for our whole group! So instead of adding her to our group of 8 that's already reserved they search for a table of 9. I think that's ridiculous. Of course we are not going to get that this close to the dates. Now she said to call every day to see if there are cancellations. Then I asked if we just showed up with 1 extra person would this be a problem? She said they won't turn us away but we could experience longer waits. Has anyone ever had to do this? One of the adr's is breakfast at the castle which is a MUST do. Do you think they will turn us away? Help me please!

shypiglet
09-23-2010, 03:27 PM
We had the same problem the week of Christmas '09 when my father-in-law decided to come last minute. I know this is not the way you're supposed to handle it, but we simply showed up for our ADR's and when they said party of 7 we replied "no, party of 8." We only got a couple of dirty looks all week long and did not notice that the wait time was any longer than normal. We were not turned away anywhere. Yeah, we were wrong but otherwise it would have been a week of nothing but counter service.

phlo8810
09-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Thanks I feel alot better. Btw we just bought your drink around the world passports. Can't wait to use them.

KAT1811
09-27-2010, 04:35 PM
It's happened to us and we had similar experiences as the other PPs. We showed up explained that we had one more and asked if it was a problem. Never once did we get turned away. We were fully prepared to eat elsewhere if they turned us away but they were more than happy to accomodate us. You should be fine.

KAT1811
09-27-2010, 04:37 PM
One other option you have is to make an ADR for one around the same time as your larger party reservation and explain to the CM when you arrive that the parties are together. We onced tried to add on two to our party but since they had to search for a large party (12 of us) they couldn't find the avaliability but when we searched for a party of 2 we found a table a few minutes off from our reservation. When we arrived we simply told the CM we were together and asked to sit together and they did, no problem.